Bi-centennial run!

Well, this morning I completed my 200th run logged on Runkeeper, and following nearly 4 weeks laid up with a horrible flu virus I was delighted to have worked my way back up to just over 5k today. Admittedly a slow 5k but I feel I am back on track.

I have apparently covered 1,115k and burned 79, 876 calories! Sadly I must have eaten all of them as I have lost precisely 0 pounds over that same period 😄

I think it's safe to say that running has become a habit with me, but somehow I am still amazed every time that I can do it.

Here's to the next 200 runs!

34 Replies

• A wonderful milestone! Well done you!

• Thanks Rob - glad to see that you enjoyed your parkrun this morning despite your misgivings!

• Bril - welcome back. I've put weight on since starting to run! Think I'm eating more - people tell me its muscles but I don't think so, not after only 10 weeks! Terrific stats.

• Thanks Buffy. Sadly the calories used do not ever seem to match the effort involved!

I think you have to be a marathon runner to be able to claim that it's all about muscle weighing more than fat!

• Well done Ully, I dont bother looking at the weight bit, I haven't lost any either, I just think it's moved about a bit, some wobbly bits are not quite so wobbly, but other things have (ahem..) grown, I.e calf muscles!

Mx 😀

• Yes, its just shifted hasn't it!

• Wow, impressive stats, congratulations!

• That's impressive. Congratulations. Hope those calories went on tasty titbits!!

• Thanks. I lost 3.5 stone before starting the programme so really feel that the running has helped me to keep it off.

• Thats a great achievement ully! Glad you're feeling better :)

I did slimming world too in 2012, losing 2 stone, and im sure the running has helped ALOT in keeping it off, as i have to admit im not so strict with my diet nowadays, though thinking i might get back in that mode soon! just eaten porridge portion that must be 3 times that of SW size :X

CONGRATULATIONS on those 200 runs! :)

• wow thats a great milestone Ully :D good for you

• Great achievement, very well done😊

• Thanks all - I can't quite believe it! C25K has certainly started something.

• Welcome back from flu. Those are excellent stats; I bet you never thought when you started that you'd be able to say "I've run over 1000Km". It's become a habit with me too and one I really value.

• Thanks - little and often for me but it's amazing how it builds up!

• That's a great achievement Ully. So glad you've recovered from flu now :)

• Thanks AM - it seems to have been a long haul!

• fantastic, well done you, that is certainly something to aim for....

• That's amazing!!! Well done you!!! I think it's a habit for life now. Brilliant!!!! I think that deserves a treat!!!!

• A little glass of wine may pass my lips tonight!

• Little??!! Make it large!!! Enjoy!!!

• Very inspiring well done and here's to the next 200!! I'm a long way behind you, if I achieve anything like that I would be thrilled!!

• You will - just keep plugging away.

I'm not fast and I don't do great distances - but I love it!

• Whoa Ully, thats halfway around the world ! :-D

What an inspiration you are , and a much loved member of the forum xxx

Fab stats, Well done you ! :-) xxx

• Aww Pops, that's so sweet - back at you!

• Hey!!and wow! after having time out and still doing over 5k! That's brilliant! Enjoy your wine and very glad that you are literally back up and running! x

• Well done Ully! That's some stat!!!!

Hope you feel better soon and are back up to speed in no time X

• Well done U. I hope it's onwards and upwards now. The horrid flu bug gone. The warmer weather is around the corner. Happy running.

• You inspiration, you!

• Congratulations Ully. Glad you are able to get back into your stride

• Many congratulations that is amazing. How great are those stats!!

• Well done Ullyrunner. It's not a bad habit to have is it :-)

Here's to the next 200 :-) xx

• Brilliant! You've done exactly double the runs I've managed, and I know what you mean about being amazed, I feel the same every time I run.. can't be me surely? Well done, enjoy the next 200 xx

• That is great Ully! Way to stick with it!

You may also like...