Bi-centennial run!

Well, this morning I completed my 200th run logged on Runkeeper, and following nearly 4 weeks laid up with a horrible flu virus I was delighted to have worked my way back up to just over 5k today. Admittedly a slow 5k but I feel I am back on track.

I have apparently covered 1,115k and burned 79, 876 calories! Sadly I must have eaten all of them as I have lost precisely 0 pounds over that same period 😄

I think it's safe to say that running has become a habit with me, but somehow I am still amazed every time that I can do it.

Here's to the next 200 runs!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

34 Replies

oldestnewest
  • A wonderful milestone! Well done you!

• Thanks Rob - glad to see that you enjoyed your parkrun this morning despite your misgivings!

• Bril - welcome back. I've put weight on since starting to run! Think I'm eating more - people tell me its muscles but I don't think so, not after only 10 weeks! Terrific stats.

• Thanks Buffy. Sadly the calories used do not ever seem to match the effort involved!

I think you have to be a marathon runner to be able to claim that it's all about muscle weighing more than fat!

• Well done Ully, I dont bother looking at the weight bit, I haven't lost any either, I just think it's moved about a bit, some wobbly bits are not quite so wobbly, but other things have (ahem..) grown, I.e calf muscles!

Mx 😀

• Yes, its just shifted hasn't it!

• Wow, impressive stats, congratulations!

• That's impressive. Congratulations. Hope those calories went on tasty titbits!!

• Thanks. I lost 3.5 stone before starting the programme so really feel that the running has helped me to keep it off.

• Thats a great achievement ully! Glad you're feeling better :)

I did slimming world too in 2012, losing 2 stone, and im sure the running has helped ALOT in keeping it off, as i have to admit im not so strict with my diet nowadays, though thinking i might get back in that mode soon! just eaten porridge portion that must be 3 times that of SW size :X

CONGRATULATIONS on those 200 runs! :)

• wow thats a great milestone Ully :D good for you

• Great achievement, very well done😊

• Thanks all - I can't quite believe it! C25K has certainly started something.

• Welcome back from flu. Those are excellent stats; I bet you never thought when you started that you'd be able to say "I've run over 1000Km". It's become a habit with me too and one I really value.

• Thanks - little and often for me but it's amazing how it builds up!

• That's a great achievement Ully. So glad you've recovered from flu now :)

• Thanks AM - it seems to have been a long haul!

• fantastic, well done you, that is certainly something to aim for....

• That's amazing!!! Well done you!!! I think it's a habit for life now. Brilliant!!!! I think that deserves a treat!!!!

• A little glass of wine may pass my lips tonight!

• Little??!! Make it large!!! Enjoy!!!

• Very inspiring well done and here's to the next 200!! I'm a long way behind you, if I achieve anything like that I would be thrilled!!

• You will - just keep plugging away.

I'm not fast and I don't do great distances - but I love it!

• Whoa Ully, thats halfway around the world ! :-D

What an inspiration you are , and a much loved member of the forum xxx

Fab stats, Well done you ! :-) xxx

• Aww Pops, that's so sweet - back at you!

• Hey!!and wow! after having time out and still doing over 5k! That's brilliant! Enjoy your wine and very glad that you are literally back up and running! x

• Well done Ully! That's some stat!!!!

Hope you feel better soon and are back up to speed in no time X

• Well done U. I hope it's onwards and upwards now. The horrid flu bug gone. The warmer weather is around the corner. Happy running.

• You inspiration, you!

• Congratulations Ully. Glad you are able to get back into your stride

• Many congratulations that is amazing. How great are those stats!!

• Well done Ullyrunner. It's not a bad habit to have is it :-)

Here's to the next 200 :-) xx

• Brilliant! You've done exactly double the runs I've managed, and I know what you mean about being amazed, I feel the same every time I run.. can't be me surely? Well done, enjoy the next 200 xx

• That is great Ully! Way to stick with it!

You may also like...