I am allowed to RUN!!

....for a WHOLE MILE!!

H'rah and about blummen time! My last very painful run was a month ago. Now I can do a mile, have a rest day, do,two miles, have a rest day and then do 3. I've a way to go with exercises and training myself to run "properly" so I don't get injured again. But I can get back on the program soon and hopefully I'll get it finished. Fingers crossed and what a relief :-)

14 Replies

• Crossed fingers here for you. X

• Good luck, Ali! Sounds like you're nearly there :)

• Oh well done Allie! What a relief. Take care out there!

• Yes! Glad to read this, enjoy running again!!

• Yippee..it's been along haul for you AllieG!!Take care tho!!

• Was that a sigh of relief I hear! Great news for you, I hope all goes well, take it steady and fingers crossed. Happy running. 😊

• Absolutely FAB-U-LOUS news Allie !

I am so , so pleased for you xxx

The IC is always full of lovely, lovely people but nowt beats the feeling of getting out there .

Good Luck and take it easy :-) xxx

• Good luck and keep taking care of yourself!

• Hooray! Hope it goes well.

• Great news :) but...

3 miles on your 3rd day back running after a month off and not having graduated? Perhaps you'd be better to make that intervals of running/walking. It still seems like a very steep increase in running. Be careful!!

• I know... I'm just back from the mile I was allowed to do, and it was okay. Not great, but okay. I'm going to stick to the mile for the first few times and yes, I was thinking of doing intervals again before picking up the program again on week 6. To give the physio his due he did say ONLY if you are pain free. I know it will take a few weeks yet, but it did feel good to be out there again! No Laura, no music, just me and the birds and sunshine.

• Respek!

• Sounds like a good plan.

Glad you've got out there again - sounds great with the birds and sunshine :)

• Thanks folks :-))

You may also like...