Weekly update

Weekly update

Week 6 is complete! As it was pouring with rain, I didn't want to spoil my new trainers so ran in the old ones. I know they will have to get wet and dirty eventually, but might save them for my graduation run.

Miserable weather but after 5 minutes it didn't bother me. Ran for twenty three minutes at a comfortable pace to make sure I could finish and had enough left to raise the pace for the last two. I never would have dreamed that possible a few weeks ago.

Feeling great - thanks again everyone for your support to get me to where I am.

In the words of John Bingham - "waddling on!"

16 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Yay , Good on ya , OG ! Onwards to Week 7 !

Those penguin feet are on fire , Mate :-D

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start."

All the very best to you ! xxx

• Thanks Poppy, I only recently found John Bingham's writing, but it put a new slant on running for me. Don't worry about what anyone thinks as they see the Old Git waddling around - just enjoy it!!

• Amen to that OG :-) xxx

• Well done! I really enjoy running in the rain these days, splashing through all those muddy puddles in the park like a big kid :) Good idea to save your new trainers though!

• Thanks Gludwig, I don't usually see anyone else running in the morning, but met someone going round the village (in the other direction) with a big smile on her face.

• well done old_git :D not so nice for running this morning but you still got out there and did it :D always feel great when you have a good run and feel you can go a bit faster at the end :D

Wait till you complete your grad run and that is only 9 runs away now :D

• Thanks Rob, counting down now :-)

• Well done OG. That's a cracking pace you maintained today. Not long to go now :)

• Thanks AM, There's life in the old dog yet.

• Good run!!Better than a waddle😀

• You haven't seen me run!

• Oh you soppy thing! You don't want to get your new trainers wet lol! I'd give them a little road test before your graduation just n case they need a a bit of breaking in. Great run BTW, you're doing brilliantly x

• Thanks CurlyGurly. That sounds like good advice; Hope we get a nice, sunny, dry day soon!

(Fingers crossed your lump goes down soon)

• BTW, I used to live on the correct side of the Humber - none of this Yellow Belly stuff! Congrats on keeping going and your progress - I am finding everything since wk5 tough. On the shoe front - I was just like you, don't wont to get them dirty - but they are going to be old one day, so why not just use them. Better that than an injury. I bought my new shoes for my wk5, r3 and my knees have never stopped thanking me - what a difference. Better dirty shoes than an injury. Oh, forgot to mention - I clean them with a toothbrush after every run! (don't want them dirty afterall). We have an inch of slushy mud and grit from sugar beet here.

• Hi Buffy, i occassionally cross the bridge to the 'dark side' ;-) . I'll need to buy a nice toothbrush then, hopefully one that matches the shoes :-) :-)

• Ho, ho

You may also like...