Park run

this is for anybody out there like myself who had never heard of the park runs. I was talking to a guy at work and he introduced me to the park run, ( parcrun, i think ) at nine o'clock on a Saturday morning thousands of people all over the country run 5 km , your result is weighed up against your age and you are given a percentage, all the results are put on line , so you could be in Birmingham and your friend could be in Belfast you can run with them or against them, all you need to do is register and it's free, I have found it great fun and you do find yourself trying to better your personal best. Happy running.

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Yes they are wonderful :)

• did my 1st on christmas day :D a great atmosphere and lovely peeps :D

• I couldn't agree more. I only did my first parkrun last week and my biggest regret is that I didn't try them months ago. I'm planning to be out again on Saturday unless snow or family commitments get in the way.

• Park runs are the best ! Especially for new/slow runners because it's easy to measure progress week on week and it really doesn't matter how long it takes you. Which one are you doing ?

You may also like...