Santas to the left of me, Santas to the right.

Did my first communal 5k today along with 2,399 other Santas. Great fun, lovely running along Southsea promenade. I have not run a 5k and timed it before so was amazed to see I did it in around 30 minutes. I was determined to run at a steady pace and not hurry, following advice given on this forum. I am running to keep fit and not for PBs so probably could have done better. It was extremely surreal running in a sea of redness, but I was amazed how supportive the local people were. The event was run to support RNLI so they should have done well this year. I think a Parkrun also uses this course. Perhaps I should give it a try. Now that would be seriously keen. Same time next year? Yes I think so.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

15 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Here I am Stuck in the Middle with you ha ha . Hey, Blimey what a turnout , absolutely marvellous !

Sounds like you had a very enjoyable day and for a great cause too .

Well done to you ! :-) xxx

• It was fun, thanks Poppypug!

• I was running with lots of Santas and his little helpers today, lots of elves all sweating profusely. Ha ha

Well done Dad! Sounds like a blast

• Ha, yes! We had elves, dogs and even a couple of reindeer dogs who were in the lead when they passed us slower runners in the opposite direction, back to the finish. Really good fun.

• Well done, that sounds like a fab route & time!!! I did one for the first time today too & am thinking about making it an annual event also, great fun:) x

• Thank you ! Still cannot believe how I have been dragged into this running lark so badly.

• that sounds great fun, might have to zip over from the IOW on the hovercraft for that next year! well done to you :)

• You definitely should! And thank you.

• Fantastic! Sounds like you had great fun :)

• It was, thank you! I can thoroughly recommend an event like this to other newbie runners like me.

• Sounds like great fun & well done on a fab time :)

• It was...and thank you!

You may also like...