Hard Work

I started C25K in June if this year & managed it Ok. Got to be able to 'run' for 30 minutes but nit 5k in that time. I kept up runinng 3 times a week but missed the C25K programme so started a bridge to 10k programme. Pretty tough but I've kept going with it. Last night I dud a 5k charity fun run. That was my 1st experience of running with others. The majority of the entrants were much much younger than me & I started off far too fast & eneded up with a stitch - sometime that has never happened on my own. That sliwed me down & being overtaken by so many was quite disheartening but I plodded on & finished. Not quite last but no far off. I looked at my app when I was done - 6km in 48 minutes. Nit the greatest time but for me a massive achievement. Before I started with this the last time I ran was at school - 30 idd years ago. Not bad for an old bird!!

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • How come you ran 6km if the race was only 5k?

Well done though, it's not a bad time for 6k :)

• Hey Sharon - you should be feeling really proud, not disheartened! It was supposed to be a fun run anyway. Well done for being a part of it. Us oldies don't need to be breaking records, just being able to do it it pretty amazing! Well done.

• Fab achievement! Still haven't had the guts to run with others, building up to it... Well done!!!!

• Thanks folks! It was advertised as a 5k but my app told me I had run 6k by the end. It definitely felt longer than 5k! It wasn't a timed competitive run just a fun run raising funds for the local hispice. I checked tge route on map my run afterwards & tgat came out a 6k too. Still feeling chuffed tgat I managed it

You may also like...