Fartleks to you too!

Like Marlyparly (I think) said yesterday, I wondered what on earth this was, having seen the word in a few posts. I just thought it was a made up word used by you lot. So I was interested to read that it was a word with a meaning. I guess I could have googled it, but never did - and still haven't (might do that next).

At work today I was chatting to a few of my team who are interested in fitness - one used to run and the other takes part in all madness of classes and bootcamp etc - they had both heard of the term and had themselves used them a part of their fitness.

So yet again, every day is a school day. So yesterday I learned what Fartleks are and today I learned that people I know already knew about them!

Every day's a school day :)

I'm definately going to do some sort of speed intervals - either doing that podcast again or just incorporating the odd Fartlek into my own run. Can 't believe I'm saying I might do Fartleks - will definately need to be careful who I talk to about this!

:) xx

ps - what a great Bake Off just now.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hahahah - that is a magnificent word... although... before I googled it... the mental images I had were.. interesting to say the least! xD Step-step-step-toot? :D Learn something new every day! :D

Huggies! :D xxx

• I learnt a lot from bake-off ... like if I want a posh French cake, go to France and don't bother trying to bake it myself! Made a loverly Victoria sponge this afternoon though. That will obviously help my weight loss programme :)

• hmm, I'm sure it will.. well may be not!

But yummy though - if anyone brings a homemade cake into work it is immediately completely devoured!

• Yes it was me wondering if it was gaseous emissions used to affect increased acceleration:) now I know differently, let me know how you get on if you try one (fartlek, not gaseous emissions). Just watching bake off on catchup...

• I think I may have done a fartlek tonight ;-)

• Now children!!!!! behave!!!

• You lot! x

• Ah, just decided to Google Fartlek. Contrary to what I had previously thought I have not been doing Fratleks, it has just been a spot of wind. Must re-focus.

You may also like...