Guess who ran a very long way today ?

got up early to run, procrastinated for an hour, phone went daft on me so no sounds, garmin only clocked time and I couldn't change it, not a good start. But off I went. At the point where I usually cut across the woods I decided to tackle the big hill, the VERY big hill that scares me, I managed to run up maybe 1/3 of it then walked, when I got to the top I was directly outside the crematorium where my friend is resting so thought I will go say hello to Mary, well I couldn't find her but I swear to God I heard her saying I am here you sill c** !! sorry Mares next time maybe . Off I trot, stop for a pee, get stuck down a dead end so had to turn back, pass Table Table restaurant and I'm on the home straight, a mile to go, my god that was the longest mile ever, talk about mind over matter, but I did it, got indoors, OH about to have a coronary, he actually missed me and was worried, checked my distance and it was,

WAIT FOR IT

DRUM ROLL

7.5 km , unbelievable

I am so happy, it took me well over an hour but who cares, 7.5 km !!!!

43 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Wow massive effort well done :)

• Hey Jude , Work that body, work, work that body, Slow down Judes , youre gonna hurt somebody ha ha :-)

What a star you are Missus, a inspiration to us all.

You rock GJ ! :-) xxx

• it was long and hard and exhilerating all at same time

• Blimey - you don't do things by halves, do you!

• I didnt mean to honest !

• Wow! Nice work - a hill and that distance. Doubly wonderful.

• and I tried to visit my friend who passed away just as we returned from the USA

• Yea you! What a performance!

• thanks BB

• Well done

• thanks spoonie, got soore knees now

• Ice rest kinesiology tape :D

• :)

• thats great! i reckon you're still on course for that half marathon! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

• slowly slowly catchee monkee !!

• indeed! keep the C25K faith! :)

• Weyhey GJ, that is seriously a long way! That's a third of a HM (I think) so very very well done sweetie, you are an inspiration!! :)

• you mean i got to run it , then run back, then run it again !!! really ?

• Wow! And a massive hill too!!! So impressed & your progress spurs me on & helps me to believe more is possible after only just recently graduating. Thanks for posting & again, well done!

• I did walk a lot of the hiull but it was very long and very steep

• GJ you are an absolute star. You ran for over an hour! What further proof would anyone need about the effectiveness of C25K??? Well done you.

5* for effort, 5* for attainment.

• lots of silly girly giggles !!

• I don't know why you were worried about doing a half marathon, you are going to nail it. Amazing run, I wish I was as brave as you...

• it wasnt brave hen pen, I just extended my route, but further then I anticipated, boy was I tired yesterday !

• Well done! That's the way to do it, you will be knocking on that hm door sooner than you think! It's great when you have a good run, hills scare me but I know I need to have a go soon! So well done your ahead of me with the battle of the hills

• yeah but that was a hill and a half, the sort that needs running down, not up !

• Well done! That's the way to do it, you will be knocking on that hm door sooner than you think! It's great when you have a good run, hills scare me but I know I need to have a go soon! So well done your ahead of me with the battle of the hills

• That's great, and that time isn't bad either. Congratulations, and on tackling the hill :-)

• dont care if I never see that hill again !

• I'm a newbie on here, only on week 2 and finding it tough but this is just the inspiration I need to keep going. ...and up a hill too. Wow. Well done ☺

• that hill ! might reverse my run so as I run down the damn thing !

• You are a star! Well done

• :) big fat grin !!

• Well done GJ!!! You rock, you absolutely do!

10 k is getting ever closer

• it was soooooooo hard and so slow but I did it !

• Wow, that is amazing! Well done you!!!

• thanks tomas, you guys keep me going you really do

• Wowee well done young lady !!!! You are an inspiration to us all :) The original 10K you planned to do by 2016 (?) is not far away now. So the HM is probably right on track for you :)

• 10k is in March and yes I am feeling as if its possible, but HM , that was a tad ambitious me thinks !

• And you did brilliantly. Your time is good and you enjoyed it most of all. keep up that enthusiasm I think your friend Mary helped you too.

• I think Mares was laughing at me, can just see her toothy grin !!

• Wow that's brilliant, particularly with a scary hill! Keep going girl! ☺☺☺

• thing is Polly I had no real idea where that scaey hill let do, and thats how I came to run so far !