Week 7 r1 3.8km!

Hi,

I'm absolutely buzzing! I went for my run today and during my warm up walk the realisation hit that I have no more walks left. The first 2 or 3 minutes of running I could really feel the demons trying it on but I distracted myself by thinking about all the things I have to do at home and before I knew it I had found my rythm and was running past the 5 minute marker tree before 5 minutes was up! I then ran right past my normal half way tree and past where I turned round on w6r3! I finished my run and ran over 200m further than last time (a total of 3.78km in 25 minutes) and took 14 seconds of my min/Km time! I can't believe how much extra I managed to run and still didn't feel horrendous at the end! 4km I'm coming for you!

Sorry for a long post I just had to share!

13 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I'm so jealous! And inspired! Well done!

• Thanks! I never thought I would have the will power and commitment to get this far! Dare I say I'm now enjoying it?

• I just love reading about those of you have made it to 5k and know that when (not if!) I get there I will be beside myself with excitement.

• This is not a long post...:) Read any of mine :) ?

But it is so positive and brilliant.. well done you :) Onward and upwards, and leave those pesky mind-gremlins eating your dust!!!

• Thank you!

• Fab , Go you ! :-)

All straight runs now to Graduation ....

Youre doing great, keep going ! :-) xxx

• That's the daunting thing! I can't wait to get to 30 minutes!

• Well done - it's all about consolidation from here on!

• That's a really encouraging post. Thanks for sharing it.

• No worries! I know a lot of people on here so not to think about the numbers and statistics and just run but I think it has really kept me going to see such big improvements being made!

• That run sounds great. Well done. I am at the same stage and like you I am very excited to be running for 25 minutes at a time. Hope to do Wk7 r 2 tomorrow. Would love to get a run like you've just had.☺

• I find having map my run going in the background with a 5 minute delayed start so it only times my run and it set to km really motivating. The km updates it gives always come when I'm need a bit of a boost between Sarah Millican (I use the app)! Also, knowing how fast/slow I'm going helps me to push myself a bit more when I'm struggling.

• Just got map my run so I will see if I can set it up like that too. It sounds motivating ☺

You may also like...