thank you car!

I hadn't been running since my graduation run a couple of weeks ago, firstly because my knee was hurting (probably IT band), and then , once it was runnable on again, I either just didn't feel like it, or family stuff got in the way. Anyway, on Wednesday one of our cars had to go for its MOT. The garage is about a mile away, so I thought it would be a good opportunity. I'd have to walk back after dropping it off, so might as well run! So I did. Dropped the car off then set off for a warm up walk in the direction away from home, then had a little run. It wasn't much fun, and the gremlins stopped me after about 12 minutes, but it was a start.

Today same car had to go in for service, so took the opportunity again. This time I walked 1km from the garage to a park,then ran round and round various bits of park for 4km, then walked 2 km home. Any my running kms were all under 10 minutes, which for me is a blistering speed!!!

So glad I did it. It's so easy to get out of the habit.

Hope everyone is enjoying their running , or at least the nice feeling when it is over.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • Well done. I suffered from post graduation slump too - it's funny how that happens. Glad to say I'm over it now and running regularly. Never really want to go but always glad when I have! Hope your knee copes with those blistering speeds (you'd soon lap me!)

You may also like...