New to running

Hello, am brand new to all this, after a winter of bad health, 8 weeks ago I decided I had to lose weight and get a bit fitter so I decided to start walking, I struggled at first but 8 weeks later I am 9lb lighter and can walk 2 miles mainly uphill without struggling, my daughter has done the c25k in 9 weeks and completed her 5k on Saturday, so I decided a needed a new challenge, I started c25k on monday, it was hard and I struggled a bit but I did it and am proud of myself

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Welcome to the group. I just completed the program on Monday. I started running a little over a year ago at the age of 65,

Take it slow and easy...you're not running for distance...you are running for time...time to build up your stamina. A year ago I couldn't run for 30 seconds and now I can run for 30 minutes.

Each week gets better. :)

• Thank you, I couldnt believe I was running on Monday when I started, must have looked a right numpty as I couldnt stop grinning,

• I am a slooooowwww runner. Turtles could probably beat me. Remember you are running for yourself!

• Wait until you finish a session and start pumping your fists in the air... non-runners think you're mad... we runners think you're awesome... :)

• My daughter says I have to remember I'm the one running and doing it and they aren't

• She sounds very sensible... :) Good luck!

• fantastic isn't it!!!!! lol

• Hi and welocme aboard ;o) You should be proud of yourself. Youve taken the biggest step and that's starting it ;o) Good luck and keep us all updated on your progress.

• So you should be - proud of yourself! Hardest part now over - getting off the couch!

You may also like...