Windswept!

Windswept!

That was me last week! And the title is to tell our HU C25K member, Windswept(number?), that I enjoyed running and cycling on your lovely island last week. On Tuesday I did my long run, from Stornoway out along the Eye Penisula to Pabail; a 25km round trip. I wasn't expecting it to be so sunny and hot and I regretted not having my running cap. I passed one other runner; well he was dressed like a runner, although he was walking at the time.

The following day hubby and I cycled to the very end of the road at Tolsta and camped on the headland above the beach, Traigh Gheadadh. Pic of the camping spot here: flickr.com/photos/swan-scot...

It was very windy when we were cycling, especially with that S to SW wind when were headed back to Stornoway on Thursday. Hard work, but great cross-training.

A lovely short visit. All the nicer for seeing Common Dolphins and Porpoises on the ferry crossing.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Sounds lovely, if a wee bit exhausting! :)

• That looks SO beautiful !

• Oh that's lovely. We've visited Harris and Benbecula but not got as far as Stornoway - yet!

• Wow that looks stunning. Very impressive running distance too.

• A really inspiring place to run! Or cycle or walk for that matter. I love these sorts of places

• woah! sounds like a terrific trip! I guess cycling tourism is a very good way to appreciate the wonderful vista. And 25k is serious running!

Well done!

Happy running and cycling...

• Hi,

Only just spotted this looking for something else. Glad you had a good visit.

You may also like...