Wk9r1, a new pair of trainers and lost in Vienna!

Wk9r1, a new pair of trainers and lost in Vienna!

So whilst on holiday in Vienna I decided to treat myself to a new pair of trainers. (I can thoroughly recommend 'Tony's Laufshop' btw as they speak good English and measured me up for a pair after properly videoing how I run and walk). I then decided to take them for a run!

Has anyone else had the experience of setting out to follow a rough direction to a park then ending up being led in a completely different direction to a rather weird place? I found myself having to turn around after reaching a dead end under a motorway overpass! I didn't want to stop and find out where I was during the run because the idea was to run continuously for 30 mins.

I did manage to manage to get to the park in the following run and have successfully completed Wk9 Run 1. Only two more to go and I graduate. Woohoo!!!

The trainers felt great too :)

Last edited by

12 Replies

oldestnewest
  • New city, new shoes and new running experiences. Who says running's boring? Only 2 more runs until you graduate. Good luck!

• I know! Great isn't it?!

• Nice work King9fisher!

Lovely to have swanky new shoes to run through graduation in!

Answer to your question - yes! Ended up in a sort of holding yard for concrete mixers that was enormous and surrounded by very very high chain-link fence, next to a railway line - also in the middle of a beautiful European city - bit creepy, as i imagine finding yourself under a motorway was!

Interesting Tag on your post ... did YOU choose that? Cool Runnings especially for your next two runs!

• I think it kind of took it from 'dead end' but there you go! Can't wait to graduate....

• Yep i think you're right there!

Well just 3 days and you'll be done!!!

After a magic W9R2 this morning i'm kind of feeling i want to stay on W9 forever, for the rest of my mobile days, just me, Julie and the calmly, sweetly motivating Laura ... it's such bliss :-)

• Happy new trainers and well done on w9r1. Almost there :) Good luck.

• I know I am really excited!

• Well done Kingy. Great running in new territory I find even if you do finish up in wierd places. I ran into an underpass recently and there were three blokes in there having a gobbing contest. Lovely! I upped my pace alarmingly I can tell you!

New shoes ey. Let's see em! You have to post a pic

Nearly done now then. Exciting times ey

• Alright - I've posted a pic of the shoes. They have 'Wave Enigma' written on them, but I don't know if that is a good shoe or not. All I do know is that I've tried them out and they feel good on me.....

• Oooh Mizuno! Good uns they are! I hope they give you miles of fun!

• Thanks misswobble. Nice to have feedback from someone in the know....

• I've got Mizunos too. Very comfortable :)

You may also like...