Combined age of 304 but still running :)

Hi all

These guys run at my local Park Run and have been dubbed the 'Antiques Roadshow' and have a combined age of 304 years! They've just been on the local news/TV and they are looking for challengers to take them on in a running relay ;)

I was thinking we could make up a group from c25k but, I for one, probably couldn't keep up with them ;)

Great example to us all and I'm looking forward to running alongside them at my first Park Run :)

Last edited by

18 Replies

• Woah! They're amazing!

• Aren't they just, fran.

• They are truly inspiring!

• A great advert for looking after yourself if ever there was one.

• I think it must be good for mind and body if they are anything to go by! Enjoy your Parkrun when you go :-)

• It certainly is and thank you, I'm certainly looking forward to it. I may just tag onto the back of these guys ;)

• You could take a skateboard and let one of them pull you along by grabbing a shirt if you need a rest. D'you think they'd notice?

• Haha. They probably wouldn't notice ;) Good idea actually ;)

• Wow impressive stuff. Still plenty of years to get as good! :) Happy next park run.

• Thanks. Exactly, I've got another 20-30 years (god willing) to get as good as them :)

• very very nice and inspirational! And I´m still laughing with the idea of using calendars instead of watches :) :)

• Hi Ana, yes, I found that bit amusing, too ;o)

• Brilliant, just brilliant.

• Indeed :o)

• Brill, love that for a couple of them it's a relatively new thing, amazing. :-)

• I know, I think it was Fred who only starting running in his 70's! There's hope for me yet ;o)

• Wow I'm out of words.. We jus have to work hard to look after our health

• It's certainly a good advert to do so :)

You may also like...