Run 5 week 3 tomorrow

I have completed so far almost religiously the C25k and I have what I would call the long run tomorrow so whilst my mind is kinda saying will I be able to do it? My determination is saying yes yes yes. I know it will be hard and I know my feet will kill as it has done for most of the program and I've tried numerous things to sort the feet out but ultmately I have kept on the program and hopefully tomorrow's run will not be as bad as it seems as 20 minutes is a lot longer than usual.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • You'll be fine! You've got this far and with your positive thinking you'll definitely complete this run! Have you had your feet/gait looked at by a shoe expert? Maybe you need new ones?

• I had the gait looked at after week 1 and bought some new trainers as a result. I tried insoles to help the pain that followed during the recovery period and in the end bought a second pair of trainers for working in as I am on my feet during the working week. I'm fine during the jog(have even switched socks from polyester to 100% cotton have taken some advice). Tried Epsom salts with ibuprofeine gel on the feet. I guess I still kinda think that the feet are still getting used to the plan and that when I reach the goal that eventually it will ease as the body gets used to the runs. At least that is what I am telling myself.

You may also like...