Oh my I started and survived

I brought all my stuff to start in January but due to many things I have now started. This am I woke at 6 and thought lets do it. First 60 secs was hard but hey I carried on.. took my dog and spent 5 mins chasing him round the park too as he found rabbits and squirrels to catch! probably did about another 5 minutes of running to find him!! apart from sore hip and foot I don't feel too bad considering I am a smoker trying to stop and could lose a stone or two, run 2 on Monday and actually not dreading it as much as I thought I might... I am still amazed I ran at all... still since January I have been power walking to make up for the fact that I had not started...

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done. I can't believe I've made it to week 8!!!!

• Well done on starting! I found the first run the hardest...mentally and physically. All downhill from here... Well, maybe! :-)

• Well done on starting the c25k and good luck in giving up the smoking.

• Well done. The hardest bit is often getting off that couch and out the door. You are on your way!

• There you go, thinking about starting and actually doing it are two different things. You have actually made the big positive step... I hope it continues to go well for you.

• Woooohhhoooo!!!!!!!

• Well done on getting started. I think the power walking might well have stood you in good stead - walking is very good for preparing for running. Good luck with giving up smoking - not easy as you already know. I did it after a health scare and I got patches and an inhalator from the doctor plus support from their stop smoking clinic which I found useful. Good luck with your next run and best wishes.

You may also like...