Week 3 Run 2 :)

Went out for my 2nd run of Week 3 this evening- can't believe I'm nearly a third of the way through already!! Run went well, I'm certainly finding running for 3 minutes easier than I thought I would! The run itself went pretty well and I felt fine all through it, so much so that for the last 3 minute run, I had a lot of pace left in my legs and I think I ran the fastest that I had in the entire programme- bit of an error really as I got a bit carried away with the excitement of reaching the last run and took off across the park!! Managed to slow myself down though- didn't want an injury! But it was pleasing to know that I could actually speed up on the last run for the first time!

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done Debs. I completed my 2nd run of week 3 this morning and found it easier than the first run of the week. I was a little apprehensive after struggling on the 1st run and a heavy days gardening on the rest day yesterday, but it was fine(Apart from a dog coming after me!!!!!!) I have also found that recovering in between runs is getting easier.

One more run and we are a third of the way through the programme - WOW

• I am at the same stage as you debs. W3R2 completed this morning with the dog in tow. I think that may his first and last run with me as I nearly went over him a few times. On the plus side running to avoid him seemed to make it go quicker!

I am a coming to get you run 3!!!!

Good luck with the runs

• Wk3 run 2 done early Sunday morning to avoid the rain. Legs got better as the run went, they were a little heavy to start with. Speeded up the last run a little too. Nice thought as others have said that a third of the course will be finished on Tuesday evning

You may also like...