Mother's Day

Lovely run this morning with the sun gently burning off the early mist to produce a temperature which was just right for me. I ran without music enjoying the sparrows twittering away in the hedgerow and there was a lark singing over the field.

I ran along my favourite farm track and didn't see a single soul. Feeling good and at one with the countryside around me - just

My daughter got me a brand new running T shirt and socks for mother's day. It was warm enough to run is short sleeves for the first time this year so I tried them out and felt very smart.

Did anyone else get a running pressie today? - so much better than chocolate!

3 Replies

• Lovely post thank you. Sounds like you had a wonderful run, and a thoughtful daughter.

My present was slightly off tangent: following C25k has improved my fitness and helped me with losing weight. It's given me the present of enjoying Mother's Day today with three generation: my mother, my sisters and me, and my daughter. Hope all other ladies had a wonderful time today :-)

• Super post - isn't it just lovely running in the countryside? My running present from my daughter was a 10K run with her - it's my favourite run of the week when we get to spend time together and push each other a little bit further.

• Glad you enjoyed your Mother's Day. Running in countryside is nice - I'm lucky, although close to town I live on a marina set on the edge of a country park so I can run around the park and the lake. Cycle paths also take me through some nice scenery. Best wishes.

You may also like...