Penelope Pitstop???!!!

So, the conversation with my brother (by phone) goes like this:

Me: did I tell you that I've taken up running and I love it?

Silence

Him: the last time I saw you running you looked like Penelope Pitstop*

Me: I was 12!

Silence

Me: I look better now.

Him: do you mean to tell me you're running round all those roads like Penelope Pitstop?

Me: (defiantly and with chin jutting) Yes. In a bright pink top.

I won't tell you his next words as I don't want to get taken off this site, but once he settled down he was fine!

* oops just given away my age. Those of you of a similar vintage will know who Penelope Pitstop is. To you youngsters I say that I RUN NOTHING LIKE HER!!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

12 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hmm -- I had never heard of Penelope Pitstop - so I had to Google her google.com.au/search?q=Pene...

• In 'Running like a Girl' Alexandra Heminsley says Penelope Pitstop has the correct form we should be aiming for :-)

• Wacky races, gosh that program used to annoy me!!! but Penelope was always the highlight! Happy running :)

• She was my hero, run with pride if your a Penelope pitstop. Feisty, pretty and strong. What's up with that, brothers they don't change much do they hehe.

• This is why I love this forum so much! :-)

• Be proud! Penelope Pitstop was fab!

• She was! I thought she was the best. Can you remember her lipstick applicator? LOL

Your brother is quite clearly jealous. Take no notice

• I don't really do pink but you're making me want to go out and get a pink top just for running! :D

(And yes I'm old enough to know who Penelope is)

• If you remember penelope then you are of a fine vintage...just like me!

My faves were Dastardly and Mutley lol .

• all i have to say is catch the pidgeon, catch the pidgeon. lol go penelope go.

• Penelope was fab! I always wanted to run like her ;-)

• I loved that prog. The creepy coop with its own rain cloud was a hoot. I liked the ant hill mob too. Happy days

You may also like...