Penelope Pitstop???!!!

So, the conversation with my brother (by phone) goes like this:

Me: did I tell you that I've taken up running and I love it?

Silence

Him: the last time I saw you running you looked like Penelope Pitstop*

Me: I was 12!

Silence

Me: I look better now.

Him: do you mean to tell me you're running round all those roads like Penelope Pitstop?

Me: (defiantly and with chin jutting) Yes. In a bright pink top.

I won't tell you his next words as I don't want to get taken off this site, but once he settled down he was fine!

* oops just given away my age. Those of you of a similar vintage will know who Penelope Pitstop is. To you youngsters I say that I RUN NOTHING LIKE HER!!

12 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Hmm -- I had never heard of Penelope Pitstop - so I had to Google her google.com.au/search?q=Pene...

• In 'Running like a Girl' Alexandra Heminsley says Penelope Pitstop has the correct form we should be aiming for :-)

• Wacky races, gosh that program used to annoy me!!! but Penelope was always the highlight! Happy running :)

• She was my hero, run with pride if your a Penelope pitstop. Feisty, pretty and strong. What's up with that, brothers they don't change much do they hehe.

• This is why I love this forum so much! :-)

• Be proud! Penelope Pitstop was fab!

• She was! I thought she was the best. Can you remember her lipstick applicator? LOL

Your brother is quite clearly jealous. Take no notice

• I don't really do pink but you're making me want to go out and get a pink top just for running! :D

(And yes I'm old enough to know who Penelope is)

• If you remember penelope then you are of a fine vintage...just like me!

My faves were Dastardly and Mutley lol .

• all i have to say is catch the pidgeon, catch the pidgeon. lol go penelope go.

• Penelope was fab! I always wanted to run like her ;-)

• I loved that prog. The creepy coop with its own rain cloud was a hoot. I liked the ant hill mob too. Happy days

You may also like...