Oh dear. I have had a very sore throat and general lack of energy and appetite all week and haven't run for seven whole days. I just couldn't face it. I was getting quite down about it as I was beginning to believe I might never feel like running again. However I Just found this link about running (or not) when you're ill coachjoeenglish.wordpress.c...

It has encouraged me to go to bed tonight

with a Night Nurse and hot lemon and honey and listen to my body. Apparently my mojo WILL come back . Has anyone else been off sick?

9 Replies

• I thought it was that if you have a fever and not comfortable from neck upwards or something like that. Hope you get better soon to get back out there. It must be annoying.

• Just read your aarticle and said from neck downwards not upwards. A useful link. Thanks. :-)

• I just had 2 weeks off, total lack of energy for a week, then a head cold. But I just let it happen and tried not to give myself a hard time about missing the running! One morning I woke up and just felt right again - so off I went! Don't worry, you will be better soon, just let your body heal itself :)

• I have been off this week as well.

Gutted becuase I flew through W6R3 beautifully on Monday, and now feel like i ought to go back a step or two, on top of missing 2 runs (and eating a whole lot more!)

But I know i have been far too ill to run, so, so coldy, its all i can do to drag myself to work (and plenty of people have been saying i shouldnt be in)

I'm hoping to get back out tomorrow and maybe do W6R2. I think the re-arrival of the sun today has helped - and that blog makes me feel like i made the right decision - thanks :)

Hope you feel better soon!

• I've just come down with a cold but I have an operation tomorrow morning, just a minor one but strict instructions not to run for a week, I am dreading it ( haven't taken a whole week of running since week one) I have been warned, listen to your body or it will take longer. Trying to fit in sneaky runs before your ready apparently is a no go area for good recovery. Feel well soon.

• So sorry to hear that you've been unwell. Night Nurse and hot lemon and honey sounds like a good idea! Yes, in answer to your question I'm not allowed to run now for a few months which is a real drag as I had just managed to crack 5k in 30 mins. Ah well....could be worse!

• I think I'm coming down with a cold too. My husband gave it to me! Tut. One or two folks I know are full of cold too. It must be doing the rounds. With a cold we know we will feel rubbish for a few days, but we'll soon be back up on our feet. I am going out running in a bit while I don't feel too unwell. I want to get one in quick!

I hope everyone suffering with colds will soon be all better.

• GET WELL SOON! Sure your mojo will be back sooner than you think. I haven't had any illness yet since i've been on the plan, but i don't reckon it would be much fun if you're feeling rubbish....

• I had just over a week off but still have a cough. I'm back running but slowly. Look after yourself and hope to see you up and running soon. (sorry about the metaphor)

S X

You may also like...