First parkrun - wow!

41:13 pretty good for me, especially as part of the run was on grass, which I'm not used to. Will deffo go again. Struggled at the beginning, couldn't breath, but when I checked my garmin after finishing I ran much too fast for the first 1km. It was very cold which probably didn't help with the breathing either.

Position was 204, Fourth from last I think. :(

Notes to self for next time:

Make a list of everything that I may need to take with me

Allow time for a warm up walk first

Get music sorted out before starting to run

Don't try to keep up at the beginning

Remember to stop garmin when finish is reached

19 Replies

oldest • newest
  • Well done , I've yet to participate in one , I've registered but not as brave as you .

• Go for it! I'm sure you won't regret it.

• I agree, just go do it, you'll love it. :)

• Well done Markee. And don't do the :( face. You completed it and thats what counts. Don't worry about timings. It's a park RUN not a park RACE! As long as you enjoyed it.

I found the cold tough today too! Had to have an inhaler moment.

But now you've done one, I bet you'll do more. Brilliant job! :)

• I'm very much a perfectionist, strive to do well at everything. Also competitive. I have to do well (in my mind). At least I've got a time to work on.

• You will soon be smashing it!

I found out my position of 161 out of 175.

I can live with that! :)

• 22 first timers at cheltenham today - that seems one hell of a lot!

• Well done you fab result!!!

• Thank you.

• Congratulations You must be feeling amazing I did 10 min warm at walk as usual and think that helped me I bet you get Hooked on parkruns now

• I didnt really warm up properly. Must be more organised next time!

• Well done, you now have an accurate time against which you can measure your progress in runs to come. The "towing" effect of Parkrun definitely pushes you to run harder than you normally do, but that is where PBs come from.

Enjoy your running.

• Thank you, already looking forward to the next one.

• Well done you! You weren't last! That's worth celebrating in itself! :-)

• Thank you. May have a little celebration tonight!

• I went & watched our park run last Saturday morning , really friendly & everybody waits & cheers people through the to the very last one , I'm def doing one but work next 3.weekends , .

• Well done! I thought about going to just watch one this morning (in the hope of doing one in 2-3 weeks after graduating). Your list is noted, thanks!!

• I did my first parkrun yesterday too! Absolutely loved it, and such a wonderful feeling going through that tunnel thinking I've actually ran 5 whole kilometres! Well done you!

• Great isn't it. Well done you too!

You may also like...