Went for my first run after two weeks was on week 8 run 3 after a having a cough. Failed misserably only really ran for about 18 mins of the 28 with lots of walking in between. Distance wasn't too bad 5k in 32 mins as I was out an hour in all did 8 k in the hour. Think I may do interval on Tuesday maybe go back to week 6 run 2. Really wanted to graduate soon. :(

3 Replies

• You'll probably find your next run much easier. Don't be too hard on yourself. You'll get there

• Go easy on yourself. Your body is trying to tell you your still in recovery. I know what it's like to feel like you want to graduate now but remember it's not a race and the best thing is to listen to what your body is telling you. I am sure your next run will be better.

• Beccym, 5K in 32 mins is brilliant! Be kind to yourself and run a little slower so that you manage to run for the full run time and don't worry about the distance. If it's any consolation week 8 was the only week that I where I had to stop before the end of a run. I'm sure you'll get there!

You may also like...