1st run since Graduation and it was a good one!

I've just come back from my first post grad run and I managed 5.2k! So officially the furthest I've ever ran haha!

I graduated last Wednesday and was hoping to have already been out before now but my husband has been really poorly and we have 2 young children, so I didn't have anyone to look after them while I went out for a run.

So I think to make up for the lack of runs this week I pushed myself a little further and I actually felt ok. And I knocked 2 mins off my Race for Life time...bonus!

Thanks again for the support as always!

Last edited by

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Fantastic....well done,Jefna :) It must have been quite frustrating,albeit necessary,to put your running on hold this last week,when you were still on a high from graduating and probably itching to get out there . Brilliant too,to have improved on your Race for Life time...congrats ,

• Thank you Carolecal!

Yes, you're right I was itching to get out haha but couldn't be helped. Hopefully I'll be back to my regular outings now!

• Well Jefna. Knocking two minutes off any distance is bloomin' marvellous. Hope Mr Jefna recovers soon.

Dan

• Apologies if this posts twice - I though I had responded but I don't think it 'took'. What I said was - great to take time off a run! I found running after graduation a bit hard, so fantastic that you were itching to get out there, and I hope your hubby is better :) Enjoy your running!

You may also like...