Ditched Laura (sorry!) on W7R2

I decided to download some old club classics onto my MP3 player and do without Laura on this 2nd run of week 7 and I done well. Managed to go over and run for 27 minutes. I was actually a tiny bit slower on average but still pleased. I always find it tough around the middle of the run, but once I was towards the end I could have carried on. Temperature was lovely along the seafront today, the sun going down, perfect.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Congrats, it's a sad day when you drop Laura (or is it her taste in music), but you lasted longer than I did.

Not long to graduation :-)

• I'm desperate to have my own music to run to but have come this far with Laura (W8R2) that I feel I need to stick with her until graduation. I think I'll find it easier with my own choice of music to run to but I do like Laura's time checks and her giving me a pat on the back at the end. Sounds like you have a beautiful place to run :)

• I will go back to Laura after the 3rd run when I start week 8. Just did not want to listen to the same stuff again in run 2 & 3. I do like it when she motivates but the music was getting to me a little so thought I would try without. I have bought one of those things to go on my arm to put my phone in and am using a running app. Funny it keeps making noises when I am running, I realised it was friends on Facebook cheering me on through the app! It keeps me motivated see how far I have run. In the last 5 days I have run 6.21 miles!

• Sorry forgot to say, yes extremely lucky that I live by the coast so lovely at the moment to run along in this weather. Not looking forward to it in winter months though!

You may also like...