Ditched Laura (sorry!) took up with Sting, George Michael and Sam Sparro and did 31 mins!!

Ok a couple of little walks at the top of hills.... But once I got going I thought why stop at 25 mins. It felt so good, I ran all the way home and into the garden, much to the horror of my two sons, I don't think the jubilation dance helped.

When I was about to set off I realised that I didn't have week 7 on the iPod so decided to time myself, play the running playlist I'd put together a while ago in anticipation of this moment and off I went. Having my own music really, really helped. I was almost singing on the way round and when two good songs came on at the end I just didn't want to stop.

This is a real break through moment for me, I know I can do it....just need to master those hills, or move somewhere flat!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • It's a common story - everyone loves Laura but hates the music so does their own fom about week 7 - much more motivating!

• Yeeeehaaaa Go You! :D

Yep, I now know several people who have used their own music once the long runs start - me included! Like you, after putting together my 25 min playlist, I soon abandoned it and allowed my playlist to go onto random shuffle - had some amazing fun and tracks and soon found I was regularly going over the required time for the week :)

Enjoy your outings, bopping along and singing as you go - creates a nice image ;) Linda x

• steer away from Bat Out Of Hell for now :-) may tip you over the edge :-) Shame hills aren't only for running down!!

• Great! Hills - just take shorter steps, and don't expect to go quite so fast, and they're not half as bad as they look. :)

• Thanks Greenlegs, your advice has always been good so I'll give it a go tonight.

You may also like...