My first Parkrun!

This parkrun has been marked on the calendar for two months. I've just completed week 8 and no where near 5k, so rather apprehensive as you can imagine! Awoke to a glorious morning, if not a little on the warm side! Anyway, I did it......all the way. walks, no stops ok very slow, but there it was, my first 5k. 36 minutes and 12 seconds. And I wasn't last........ohhhh yeeaahhhh :-)

13 Replies

• Good on yer;-) Are you going again?

• Aw thank you, I'm pretty chuffed with myself. Hmmmm yes I think I will. Might pick a cooler morning though. Blimey it was hot hot hot! Gonna enjoy week 9 now! :-)

• Well done, especially as it was so warm.

• Sooo warm! Thank you :-)

• Brill result. Well done.

• Thank you :-)

• well done

• Thank you :-)

• Well done. I graduated a few weeks ago now but I'm still working my way towards a park run. I've never run with anyone other than my kids, so I'm a bit apprehensive.

• Tready, ya know what, just do it, everyone is just so happy to run and be part of it. Everyone who takes part is appreciated for who they are :-) its a great organisation.

• You are right. I think I'll put it in my diary and do it next weekend. Cheers.

• Fabulous good for you! Let me know how you get on :-)

• recommend doing park run whatever stage you are at, I started on week 1 run 1 with the park run, they welcome all abilities and times, just do your best and aim to improve each time, which is what I am doing :)

You may also like...