Couch to 5K
52,546 members84,603 posts

My first Parkrun!

This parkrun has been marked on the calendar for two months. I've just completed week 8 and no where near 5k, so rather apprehensive as you can imagine! Awoke to a glorious morning, if not a little on the warm side! Anyway, I did it......all the way. ....no walks, no stops ok very slow, but there it was, my first 5k. 36 minutes and 12 seconds. And I wasn't last........ohhhh yeeaahhhh :-)

13 Replies
oldestnewest

Good on yer;-) Are you going again?

Aw thank you, I'm pretty chuffed with myself. Hmmmm yes I think I will. Might pick a cooler morning though. Blimey it was hot hot hot! Gonna enjoy week 9 now! :-)

Well done, especially as it was so warm.

Sooo warm! Thank you :-)

Brill result. Well done.

Thank you :-)

well done

Thank you :-)

Well done. I graduated a few weeks ago now but I'm still working my way towards a park run. I've never run with anyone other than my kids, so I'm a bit apprehensive.

Tready, ya know what, just do it, everyone is just so happy to run and be part of it. Everyone who takes part is appreciated for who they are :-) its a great organisation.

You are right. I think I'll put it in my diary and do it next weekend. Cheers.

Fabulous good for you! Let me know how you get on :-)

recommend doing park run whatever stage you are at, I started on week 1 run 1 with the park run, they welcome all abilities and times, just do your best and aim to improve each time, which is what I am doing :)

You may also like...