Small things that make a big difference???

I love reading about other people's experiences and - having never run before I started this in April - have relied on questions/blogs to help me out with queries. It got me thinking that there must be loads of tips/best practices that we could share - just small things really. Mine is that now I am running very early in the morning to avoid the heat of the day, it really helps my breathing if I brush my teeth before I set out. Not sure why but it really helps. I would love to hear about any other people's "small things that make a big difference"

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi I run early morning like you, clean teeth, glass of water, blood pressure tablets and off I go to the local park, see some lovely sunrises . Pat :-)

• :-) Mine is - after I've put my running shoes on and am ready to leave the house I have to go back to the loo even though I only went 10 minutes before then. If I don't I spend the entire run worrying that I will need the loo!

• So good to know I'm not the only one! :)

• I too find I run better having cleaned my teeth. I read an article which claimed that athletes who sniffed mint oil before training performed better for longer. Proper research was done which proved it. Interesting

• New running shoes, more sleep, better diet, drink plenty of water and avoiding alcohol day before run all seem to make runs easier. Having somewhere enjoyable to run also helps.

• I've just bought a running cap and I'm loving it. Keeps the sun off, stops the glare, keeps my hair out of my face and I dare say it will keep the rain out of my eyes when the time comes to test it out in wet weather. It just seems to help my focus.

• I change my route when I find myself losing interest, it really helps to keep things fresh.

You may also like...