first time giving up on a run and turns out it could have been my best !! figures

I want to get a 5 k in under 30 minutes, that's my goal, but after the last few runs, i'd just be happy with a 5k, or half an hour, doing so rubbish right now. cant get any routine, struggling for motivation to get out, such a stark contrast from the c25k when I was always eager and excited and happy, just so annoyed with my self and my rubbish attitude :-(

Loaded up the speed podcast for the first time, It was fast, very fast,

I looked at run keeper after 10 minutes of my run and noticed that i'd only done 0.68 of a km.... there was no gps signal. So annoyed, I need the motivation of seeing how far I've gone, I was so annoyed that I turned and headed back running the last 4 minutes back to edge of the field.

Got home,, and just like another blog I just read today, turns out, it was a good run, or it would have been....if i'd kept going. found a previous map I had on endomondo of the same run, turns out I just ran 2.86 km in 14 minutes. why couldn't I have just kept going and looked at the map when I got home.. So annoyed at myself, feeling like total rubbish.

I'm so missing the programme. I find it so hard to motivate myself and stick to my runs without the plan. Feeling all lost at sea :-(

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • think we all kind of loose our way a little bit after the structure of c25k then there is nothing after it.... I went really rubbish on a couple of them - did 15mins then walked, then did speed and had to walk, then did 20 mins and had to walk ....

so I don't think this is a failure at all - this is just normal and quite a lot of people feel down and have bad runs.

but then - look at the pace, 2.86k in 14 mins, would have put you at 5k in something like 28/29 mins - that is some going girl!!

so now it's time for you to do the thinking & the planning for each run. the only thing different from c25k is that now you have to choose your own run....

Happy Running.

• How about aiming for a particular run and training for it, like race for life or parkrun. I enjoyed doing the stamina podcasts to improve my 5km times, but changed to b210k to go further ready for my 5mile run in 3 weeks time - that gives me a program to follow (but doesn't have lovely Laura to advise me!) :-)

Keep at it and you'll find some inspiration I'm sure :-)

• I agree with Poppy. If you are struggling for motivation, enter a race of some sort - you don't have to be super fast to run the Race for Life or to enter a park run - it's all about running your own race. Give it a go, it might just give you the motivation you need. Don't let it get you down - you've done so well to get so far! Good luck!

• I agree with the comments above, I think once we complete C25K we need a new target to work towards. So a race is a good target, another is to set faster times or longer distances. My first post C25K aim was to get to 10km and the second was a sub 25 min 5km. You can set challening aims for yourself and that can be a good source of motivation.

• Don't be disheartened. I gave up on two runs a few weeks ago (only a couple of weeks after graduation). I carried on going out though. I put Laura back on week 9 and seem to have found my mojo again. I'm getting faster although it doesn't feel like it! I'm enjoying it again! You'll get there.

• You went out there and that's the most important thing. I haven't been out since my grad run and it's killing me. I got so ill and then the littlies got ill and tmw I'm off to Spain so I'm guessing it'll be 3 weeks between runs. Nightmare!

Don't worry that you gave up, everyone has bad runs once in a while, at least you weren't on the sofa! Maybe we should set ourselves a challenge and egg each other on. Mine would be to get out 3 times a week and maybe work towards a 10k run in November (gulp!)

Here's to your next run! :)

• Hey thanks, I just had a bit of a 'moment' You are so right, I have just done that and sat and wrote down a new plan for myself. I'm going to post it as a blog for myself so that I HAVE to do it ! lol

You should go for your 10 k run ! I'll be here to egg you on, its thanks to you and 'MathhewW' I did this in the first place, all the support I got from you two was what kept me going. Good luck for your flight :-)

• Thanks ! everyone is right, I've made myself a plan and going to get my head back down and move forward. :-)

• I've been struggling since graduation too. I have been getting out three times a week, running 5-6K, but am not find running enjoyable at the moment, so it's more a case of making myself go out, rather than looking forward to it. I'm doing a 5K Santa Fun Run in two weeks, which I'm hoping will help me get my mojo back. If it weren't for the fact that people have sponsored me, I might have been tempted to give up!

You may also like...