I made it! woooop, wooop wooop! :)

I completed the Park Run this morning for the first time (I registered over a year ago). It was quite tough because I got carried away with the occasion and being in amongst other runners. I set off too fast, which I am prone to doing. But once I found my rhythm I was ok, I even overtook people, imagine that :) . I still got lapped by the speedy runners mind!

And the icing on the cake........

I finished in under 30 minutes! I've not had my official time yet but I reckon it was around 29:30 ish, a good lump of a minute faster than Thursday.

I feel really chuffed this morning, I have run 5k three times in one week after only 9 weeks training. It wasn't that long ago I was in a real mess health wise. Absolutely amazing.

I am going to wear my new 'Graduation' shirt with pride today! :)

Thanks everyone for your support, encouragement and generally being nice people.

11 Replies

• Kev YOU DID IT`!! Sub 30 too. Amaze balls. We are at exactly the same stage on this C25K and it really is a fantastic program isn't it?

• Hey Dan,

It feels damn good to be joining you in the 'Graduate' lounge :) .

I am well chuffed with the sub 30 time. I would have been well happy with sub 35 to be honest.

I couldn't agree more with you about the programme, it's awesome.

I was very impressed with the Park Run as well, brilliant idea and very well organised.

I just applied for my badge, I felt like a big kid so I wrote the email like one :)

• Well done, fantastic time too! I hope one day to break that magic 30 minute mark, but I'm a way off yet; you are doing brilliantly! :-)

I went to Parkrun today too, the route was altered due to an event in the normal start area, so that was a bit distracting, and they started late to let everyone get to the new start, could have had another half hour in bed! :-)

• Congratulations! I graduated 3 weeks ago and ran my first Park Run this morning, it's much better than running on your own.

• Great time. I too did my first park run today and enjoyed being with others. Awaiting my time but hoping about 31:10. I wore my graduation shirt with pride.

• Got my official time of 29:36. Very pleased. :)

• :) well done.

• Congratulations Kev, that's amazing! Very well done.

• Well done Kev, knew you could do it. Really quick to, you should be proud of yourself!

• Congratulations Kev, great result. All boxes ticked, 9 Weeks, 5K, less than 30 mins. You are rightly proud.

• Congratulations - lovely to graduate at a parkrun too. What a fantastic time. :O

You may also like...