First post week 9 run

Having seen youngest child onto the school bus, I pulled my iPod from my pocket to start Laura's voice. Disaster as for some reason the last sync removed all bar two days of C25K, both from week 4.

I briefly thought I could try running without Laura, but I'm not quite there yet. I like the reassurance of the encouragement and of the 5 minute reminders. So with a swift trip home the problem was sorted.

With an appointment in my diary for mid morning, I was concerned about having time for this run. That sense of hurry was definitely a bonus as I certainly got a bit more speed going compared to last week. Managed to make it over 4K in the half hour.

I don't think 5K is going to come easily for me, but I'm positive that for at least this week I'll stick with the week 9 podcast. Hopefully there will be no walkers to speed past me this week!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • I know what you mean about missing Laura. When I started doing about 10 minutes of walking and jogging to build back up after an ear infection I missed her as well. It was great this week to get back on track and have Laura with me again. Good luck with your runs.

You may also like...