Yay! W5R3 done!

Thought I'd done at least 8 minutes when Laura said I'd done 5 :(

Then started judging times a bit more realistically. Passed several people out for an evening stroll. That made me keep going up the steep hairpin bend - vanity or what!

Actually when Laura said I'd done the 20 minutes, I thought I could have kept going a bit longer. Glad not to have had to push myself to exhaustion.

Laura was right. The programme prepares you for the 20 minute run :)

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • First congratulations for your success!

I did W5R2 today and I am totally afraid of Wendsday when I will try do do Run 3 . I know, that the last 4 weeks taught me how to pace myself and get the confidence in myself to do the run but I am unconvinced.

Your success give me the strength to belive in me. We will see on Wendsday. Maybe it will rain (I hope so)

• Good Luck for Wednesday. That's when I shall be doing my W5R2 so not far behind you. Believe in you - make that your mantra for the day: 'I believe in ME-EE!!!' You'll do it. The worst that can happen is you don't finish and then will be redoing it with me on Friday! Keep positive!

• I think a lot of people have said that it's mind over matter. Just believe you can do it and keep going! Wishing you every success on Wednesday.

• Well done! I'm in week seven now but I vividly remember at the start of week five, looking at the runs for the week and thinking 'well that's not going to happen'. I just couldn't understand how I could go from running 8 minutes to running 20, but this site, and everyone saying 'trust the programme' convinced me to give it a go, and it was fine.

Anyway I have no idea HOW it works, I just know that it does, and if I'm struggling a bit now, I just think 'if Laura (and all the C25k graduates) say I can do it, I can do it'. And so far, I can!

• I also completed W5R2 today... Laura was sneaky and I thought I was running 5 mins not 8 :) I'm doing my R3 eeek on Thursday. I till cant believe I ran 8mins twice today, I struggled on week one torun 60 secs x good luck, come and tell us how you smashed it x

You may also like...