W5R1 done! And I came home smiling!

Gorgeous morning. Not a cloud in the sky and only a whisper of a breeze. Perfect! Battle with the bed was easily won and I set off after a handful of grapes and a bottle of water. I managed all the runs comfortably (well - apart from all the midges under the trees getting in my face!) Even managed the 1 mile pull back up the hill to home at a respectable pace - walking tall and grinning from ear to ear! I will admit to feeling a wee bit chuffed today. Who would have thought it possible 4 weeks ago? I feel I am making progress and will even admit to enjoying it today. Progress indeed!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done Beek.

There's nothing wrong with feeling chuffed with yourself. In fact there's no shame in feeling downright smug at times! Every run completed is a fantastic achievement as far as I'm concerned :-)

• It was a big relief I can tell you! Run 2 on Wednesday - I hope it stays cool. Thanks for the support!

• Good for you! Isn't it amazing the things we can accomplish with this program? So glad you had a great run today, you should feel very proud. Good luck with the rest of week 5, I just completed W5R2 and am looking forward to the big one on Tuesday.

Sherri

• i can truthfully say I am looking forward to going out next time. This is a first so something must be changing for me! Thank you for the support. This blog site is wonderful and I doubt if I could do it without all the king and helpful bloggers!

• For king read KIND!

• Not so chuffed now. Been asleep for 2 hours before lunch. What's all that about? Can I spare all that time? Not really!

You may also like...