first 10k..........flipping nora!!

I would never have believed when I started this incredible journey back on a cold February Saturday this year that I would now be running 10K!!!

Leon and I had decided that today was the day, so we got dropped off by hubby and my beautiful 8 year old girl at a significant point of the strawberry line ( old railway line) near us to then run back to the station near us. It felt sooooo good to be running in the sun, and the beautiful scenery.

I did it in 1 hr and 9 mins, which included a 2 min walk as per Silky Steve's instructions. Not great but I purposefuly went sowly to 'keep some gas in the tank'.

The only pain in the neck were the cyclists..some pro's, some elderly folk ( they smiled, I liked them), and some families....mum looking v tired, dad fed up at back with small child and other child enjoying it. They all looked bit annoyed with us, I did smile :)

back to work tomorrow, can't complain its been the best. happy running days everyone :)

18 Replies

• Well done Juicy! What a great run. There is something really special about the first 10k - it's such a milestone after achieving the 5k!

Sounds like a lovely place to do it too - must say I envy all you runners who have beautiful places to run. I have to do mine round the streets of 'glorious' Gloucester....

• Thankyou, although I don't notice that much if I'm honest as I keep my eyes on the front!!

• Well done! That's a great time. I've just done 10k as well - and we must have been writing our blogs at same time. It was such a gorgeous day to do it. I'm raising my glass here to you in celebration! :)

• And you... Well done, here's to us eh!! X

• Great result - and sounds as though it was a lovely run to boot. Makes it ll worth while - and redoubles the feeling of achivement. :)

• Thank you.. And on and on.. Never give up eh it's what keeps us feeling and being alive :)

• Lovely run and well done! Savour that feeling! I bet you will still have grin on your face thinking about it tomorrow in the office! :)

• Ha ha I will.. I have already brought it to my work in so many ways with great results.. Thank you so much roller coaster xx

• Oh congratulations to both of you! You have got up to 10k so fast - brilliant! :D Sounds like a wonderful place to run too.

• Thankyou Greenlegs, It was amazing and felt so good too :)

• you are (both) doing so brilliantly well, 10k is such a great achievement and a damn good time as well.

And yes such a nice day to end the bank holiday on, I have just looked up the strawberry line and, wow, what a great place for a run. Can't think of a better place to do a 10k run.

Have a good week :-)

• thankyou and yes its lovely, I need to take it all in more, I am so focussed on the running. Also, having done the 10k and pushing myself I could barely walk in my heels at work today ( staggerred I'd say), and of course no-one had any sympathy ( NHS). Even though I'm stiff I'm dying to get out there tomorrow, its so addictive isn't it?

• Well done fantastic x x

• Fantastic, you must be very pleased. Enjoy :-)

• Many congratulations and what a great time :) Maggie

• There is a Women's running 10k series at BLAISE CASTLE on 29th June 2013 which is near you if you are interested :) Maggie

• OOOH that sounds good i will look it up, although Leon my son won't be too impressed as we always run together!! Thankyou so much :)

• A great 10k time: congratulations! ! and Magsters already found you a 10k race to do ;)

You may also like...