Morning runners of the World ( what a great thought we really are spread over the planet )
I thought I would give the lowdown on being a virgin parkrunner yesturday for those that might have seen my previous blog about my nerves....
1. I didn't come last. I came 225th with a time of 33.5, not my best but blimey there was a huge hill all the way to half mark, but I didn't stop!! Leon my 11 year old lad however came 127th with a time of 27 mins. As soon as we left he just ran off in a flash of blue grinning away and checking his Garmin for his pace!! At one point though I was running so slowly up a really steep bit that this woman was walking it quicker than me!!!
2. No one unnerved me, in fact they were SOOO friendly and couldn't have been nicer. I was slightly unnerved by the really serious runners at the front ( the sort that wear those fancy running glasses and look very focussed)
3. No one laughed at us, the volunteers were really encouraging to keep us all going.
4. Husband was actually very impressed and put himself and my lovely 8 year old Amarissa at strategic points to cheer us on and take videos ( not very palatable watching them, seeing myself covered in sweat and staggering along puffing). At one point he said he didn't recognise me, I have lost a fair ammount of weight and my body is so different and toned now ( he was impressed). That made my day.
5. I did have trouble with bodyfluids ( not got the special gloves yet...??!) , forgot tissue
6. I didn't collapse.....hooray!!!
I hope everyone else enjoyed their parkruns wherever you are. We will definately be going back especially now as leon is determind to win for his age group!!
Happy Sunday running everyone, enjoy the rest of the weekend