CLL - dental problems link

I had an infection under a tooth & it was agreed the dentist would extract the tooth (I had Amoxicillin as antibiotic - as a side issue it was interesting for me, and my dentist, to learn that medicine options no longer all come wrapped in non-veggie gel - you have to tell them though -  although I was not 100% happy that the only sugar-free alternative had sorbitol & saccharine, was far too sweet, and had known side-effects like being a bit too laxative).  Anyway the CLL issue was that I noticed my lumps under the jawline were harder & a new one appeared above the jawline.  When I called the Macmillan nurse at the haematology unit she said dental trouble can affect the lumps so no need to recheck at hospital unless it fails to subside after about 2 weeks. Nobody told me about this before, so this may be useful for others.

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I have had a wisdom tooth extracted under antibiotic cover with the same reaction as you; a month later and the lumps are still there though...

• from what I was told you should get medical advice - hope you're OK!

• I did and was told that my lumps aren't "large enough". Not sure what the trigger size is...

• This is indeed a very helpful post. I've had two major bridges replaced in the last two years ( $$$) ,the 1st one including a root canal. Anyway I do have discomfort and swollen nodes in my neck,much longer than two weeks but they wax and wane so I don't worry. Thx for your post...Cat

You may also like...