The new HealthUnlocked site interface makes it much easier to explore and if you wish, become a member of other HealthUnlocked communities. So much so, that I've had a few members ask me how to leave a community that they've inadvertently joined. You don't need a separate password for each community.
Reviewing and deciding whether to Follow (join) another HU Community
1) Click on "My Communities v" in the HU Menu and then select "+ Browse Communities".
2) In the Search box, type in key word(s) to return a page of communities of possible interest. Each time you enter a space, the list of communities is updated within a second or so. (Note that the HU search provides a much broader range of communities than you might expect.)
3) To just review a community's activity, click on the community's icon to the left of the community name. This will give you a view of the recent posts for that community. You can click on open articles to read them fully. (If you click on a closed article, you'll be prompted to join by clicking on a green "Follow Community" button at the bottom of the brief overview of the hidden post.)
4) If you wish to join (follow) that community, click on either the community name or the green "Follow Community" button below the community overview to join that community. You should now get a welcome Private Message from that community.
If you decide to follow other communities, you'll see new content from all the communities you follow in your Newsfeed. You can also explore a specific community, engage in polls, etc by selecting it from your "My Communities v" menu item.
To Leave a HU Community
1) From the Newsfeed page (reached by clicking on "HealthUnlocked" on the left of green menu bar), click on the white "Update Profile" button to the left of the newsfeed.
2) Scroll down to the "My Communities" section where you'll see a list of all the communities that you follow.
3) Click on the ticks against the community(ies) you no longer wish to follow.
You can also get to your profile from any HU page by clicking on your UserID and selecting "Profile", then you can edit it by clicking on the white "Edit Profile" button in the bottom right of your banner image.
Photo: This large community of galahs on a school oval are having a feast on the kikuyu grass rhizomes.