Beating the Christmas indulgence : I have let... - Bridge to 10K

Bridge to 10K
11,831 members โ€ข 15,549 posts

Beating the Christmas indulgence

RuthMargaret
RuthMargaret60minGraduate
โ€ข11 Replies

I have let things slip a bit over the last couple of weeks, because quite frankly there's so much going on, it's impossible to keep up with a normal routine!

So today I ran Week 4 run 3 with a friend. We managed to keep going, my legs felt like they were on autopilot by the end. I misjudged the time and we ended up running an extra 5 minutes longer than we should have done! The benefit of that was, I know I wasn't flaking too much at the end, so I know that the 10k is within my capabilities.

I hope you have all had a wonderful Christmas, and managed to get out on a sanity-preserving run at some point ๐Ÿ˜ I know I needed it today, because I had barely been out of the house and eaten more pastry over two days than I have in the past month ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚

11 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest
Grannyhugs
GrannyhugsGraduate10

Congratulations getting out, and even better doing it with a friend and adding an extra 5min - magnificent confidence boost for future runs.

RuthMargaret
RuthMargaret60minGraduate in reply to Grannyhugs

I never thought I could run for so long without needing to walk, it's come as a pleasant surprise ๐Ÿ˜Š

Hidden
HiddenGraduate10

Well done for getting out and doing the extra 5 mins. You will definitely get to 10k before you know it.

I really need to get back into a routine! Like you I have eaten WAY too much.

RuthMargaret
RuthMargaret60minGraduate in reply to Hidden

It's just so easy to do, especially as I love to bake! I have to run as a balance to my bad baking habit!

Hidden
HiddenGraduate10 in reply to RuthMargaret

Me too. I converted my dining room into a baking room last year ๐Ÿคฃ

damienair
damienairGraduate10

Well done. Itโ€™s hard to behave food wise this time of year. But thatโ€™s what Christmas is about. January is for pulling it all back together again. But youโ€™ve done very well to get out running.

I took part in a few parkruns, and did a parkrun on Christmas morning and also did a 5K road race this afternoon. Iโ€™ll be at parkrun again tomorrow. Itโ€™s keeping me sane over the Christmas break.

Damien

RuthMargaret
RuthMargaret60minGraduate in reply to damienair

We have a local parkrun on new year's day, so I'm planning to head there. That's one of my "new years resolutions" - to try to get to parkruns. We have a few fairly close, so I should manage at least one a month. We'll see! Saturdays are often busy with other things going on!

damienair
damienairGraduate10 in reply to RuthMargaret

I was the same when I started going to parkrun, I went once or twice a month. It is a great way to kick off a weekend and there is also a fantastic atmosphere and community spirit. I hardly ever miss one now.

Damien

๐Ÿฅณ You sound like you are back on track after a fun festive season ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ๐ŸŽˆ

RuthMargaret
RuthMargaret60minGraduate in reply to Annieapple

I'm in a much better place than I was this time last year. I've kept up with running so much more regularly so it doesn't feel like a chore to carry on. I think I've finally discovered an attitude towards running that I've seen in other people - it's taken a while, but now I really understand what it us to challenge yourself. I'm looking forward to carrying it on!

Thatโ€™s excellent! โญ๏ธ

You may also like...