Christmas (New Year?) Ministreak 10/16 - Bridge to 10K

Bridge to 10K
11,663 members โ€ข 15,122 posts

Christmas (New Year?) Ministreak 10/16

DebJogsOn
DebJogsOnGraduate10
โ€ข8 Replies

So - I wasn't really feeling it this morning when I woke up, but the good thing about a running streak is once you've decided to do it the 'will I ? won't I?' debate isn't one you have to have and since I have stuff planned for later, today needed to be a morning run.

So out I go, planning on a run in Uni Parks but as I set off across Maudlin Bridge I'm reminded of Empem's mention of Christchurch Meadow a few days ago (and though I often run in Uni Parks I've never run in Christchurch Meadow) so I head up through town so I can drop down to Christchurch. I couldn't believe how quiet Oxford was! It was like running through an episode of Morse.

Anyway 10 minutes in and I'm feeling much better- though at 3k my legs did feel a bit heavy - and at the end I felt I could have carried on. I just feel fitter and my pace is improving. Not sure if it's the streak or the fact that I've had a week off. It is I guess a combination of the two - but I'm enjoying it whatever ๐Ÿ˜.

Happy New Year to you all. I hope it brings you all that you wish for and lots of great running. Xxx

8 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest
Abaggs
AbaggsGraduate10

Lovely pics, happy new year to you too!๐Ÿ˜Š

DebJogsOn
DebJogsOnGraduate10
in reply to Abaggs

I've never known it so empty of people - seemed much more picturesque that way.

misswobble
misswobbleGraduate10

Well done ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ What a fab place to run. So much to wonder at

My run yesters was in parts like an episode of Shameless ๐Ÿ˜

DebJogsOn
DebJogsOnGraduate10
in reply to misswobble

๐Ÿ˜‚

misswobble
misswobbleGraduate10
in reply to DebJogsOn

I ran that way again today, and in daylight it was more like Deliverance. Crikey, it's an eye-opener. I noticed a wall had been demolished since yesterday. A car appeared to have driven right through it.

helenwheels
helenwheelsGraduate10

Well done Debjogs

A slow and steady 6k today from me.

Hope you have a great New Year

DebJogsOn
DebJogsOnGraduate10
in reply to helenwheels

You too!

I ran just under 5k today - it was one of those runs where you warm up gradually but I did feel tired 8n my legs at 3k.

A steady 6k sounds strong ๐Ÿ˜Š.

sunshinefish
sunshinefishGraduate10

Well done on run 10! And how nice to have another 6 to go ;)

I love running when there's nice scenery and not too many people.

Happy new year to you and hopefully it will bring lots of good runs!

You may also like...