Bridge to 10K
8,055 members β€’ 9,780 posts

Well that was a proper post-holiday struggle! πŸΊπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·β˜€οΈ

Hi all - haven’t posted for a while due to having 2 weeks holiday in Crete. Planned to run and took my gear but it was so hilly and 25 degrees at 6am so only managed one run. I was reliably informed that 2 weeks off wouldn’t cause too much of a problem!! I guess they didn’t take the beer and food into consideration when giving me advice πŸ˜† as I definitely over indulged and am paying for it now!

Forgot to say the last proper run I did before we went away was the day I properly fell over, damaging my hand and face quite badly after tripping over the dog (who is not coming with me anymore) and I know that deep down I have been worrying about getting back into it after such a shock which probably hasn’t helped

Anyway we arrived home this morning at 4am and I wasn’t planning on running until tomorrow morning but was feeling so guilty about so much time off I decided to pop out for a short one this evening. OMG it was hard! I had to keep walking which I haven’t had to do for ages.

Still - I got out there and I had forgotten how great running makes me feel (mainly at the end of the run πŸ˜‚) so I am pleased with myself and my effort despite it not being anywhere near where I was before I went away. Now I can carry on my plan to push to 10k by October and I might start juju’s plan next week after this week of reminding myself how to run!

It’s good to be back to it fellow runners! Thanks for reading 😘 πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ‘πŸ˜Šβ˜€οΈ

20 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

Look on the bright side - you have a great tan! Bound to be tough after the flight etc. A few good sleeps in your own bed should sort you out. Ju-ju's plan is really good πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Good luck!

Hehe thanks Mike. Tan isn’t too bad to be fair. I’ll definitely look into the plan for next week. β€οΈπŸ™πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ Thanks for the encouragement x

1 like

Good to have you back Louise! Shock to the system, but you’ll soon be smashing it!!! Go girl! πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

Thanks Alison. And as always thanks for your support. β€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈ X

Welcome back, glad you had a good holiday. I'm sure within week you'll be back on track..:) :)

I hope so Lorijay. Going to get a decent nights sleep and sort myself out ready to smash it on Wednesday! Thank you πŸ™ x

1 like

Well done getting back out there, Dizzysmum! You did well to run at all after getting back at 4am! Hopefully things will feel easier next time. β€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

Thank you - I’m sure they will. It always takes a while to get back to normal after a holiday. β€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ™ x

1 like

✈️ don’t think I would have been running having got home at 4am

Well done ❀️ - you’ll soon be back on track!πŸƒβ€β™‚οΈπŸƒβ€β™‚οΈ

Haha I think it was guilt kicking in this afternoon. Thanks Mitch. I’m sure it will be fine later in the week! β€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈX

Well done for getting out there dizzysmum, just think of that one as a practice run πŸ˜‰. I’m sure it will be better for your next one. πŸ’₯πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ’₯

Thanks Dexy5. That was kind of what I was hoping too πŸ˜† x

Hi I am feel just like you took my running gear on holiday sunny malta, not managed to get out to hot ,and to much wine and food πŸ˜‹.Was worrying about running when I get home ,what is juju plan .hope your running gets better 😁

Hi Jenny. I’ve attached the link to the plan. It is a plan that many on this forum follow to get from 5 to 10k and if you read through many of the posts here you will see that it works! I graduated c25k in July and have been running between 4 and 6k 3 times a week and now will start the plan next week. Are you on holiday now? I just decided to relax and not worry about it. I’m sure you’re as determined as I was to carry on running so you’ll be fine when you get back! Just enjoy your holiday 😊 πŸ˜ƒ πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ. And thank you πŸ™ x

Hi yes on holiday now 2days left .I have been going on long walks after dinner Sat looking out to sea writing my post😎thanks for the plan I am going to read it now πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ.

Sounds lovely. Enjoy the rest of your holiday! You’ll have to let us know if/when you are going to start th next step! β€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ˜Ž

Well done for running! Not sure I would have! πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ

Thanks Ang! It was difficult and I had to force myself to go out but despite the pain and struggle i am glad I did it πŸ˜‚ x

Haha just noticed my steamed up glasses! πŸ‘“

You may also like...