8km - did it!!!: Hiya! Here I am at Junior... - Bridge to 10K

Bridge to 10K

13,686 members โ€ข 18,441 posts

8km - did it!!!

Equi-geek
Equi-geekGraduate10
โ€ข22 Replies

Hiya! Here I am at Junior Parkrun - hot and sweaty after doing 8km!!! ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ

I was sensible this time and ran round the undulating Park 1.5 times - really pleased with all the things Iโ€™ve learned that help keep me going - thanks everyone ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜โค๏ธโค๏ธ. Took just under 1h 2mins.... now thereโ€™s a target if ever I saw one. Well, looks like theyโ€™re off, so better do my marshalling thing and keep stretching and hydrating. Happy running all!

22 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest
FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10

Fantastic, well done! Great time too.

Jay66UK
Jay66UKGraduate10

Well done! Mine was 1 hour 2:58!

Equi-geek
Equi-geekGraduate10 in reply to Jay66UK

Wait til the timber comes off my legs - no stopping me then ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ‘Š

Well done Equi!

Fabulous450
Fabulous450Graduate10

Absolutely fantastic Equi!! ๐Ÿคฉ Congratulations to you! Thatโ€™s amazing!! Well done you!! Enjoy the marshalling it sure is a wet one. I was going out but with getting over a cold, Iโ€™ve decided best not to. Maybe later if it dies down a bit. โค๏ธ

Equi-geek
Equi-geekGraduate10 in reply to Fabulous450

๐Ÿ™ Thanks Fabulous! Hope you get over your cold quickly! I was relieved it was all done and dusted by 9.45 ๐Ÿ‘ I treated myself to a Costa latte on the way home to warm up, and now nice and clean and ready to enjoy the rest of the day.

Fabulous450
Fabulous450Graduate10 in reply to Equi-geek

Ah...thatโ€™s lovely! Enjoy!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜โค๏ธ

Sybilw
SybilwGraduate10

Great achievement and as you say a great target ๐ŸŽฏ!! Iโ€™m not long back from a really **** run. No doubt a post will follow although Iโ€™m wallowing in self pity at the moment โ˜น๏ธ Wasnโ€™t even wet!! Really well done.

Equi-geek
Equi-geekGraduate10 in reply to Sybilw

Thanks Sybil! Sorry you didnโ€™t have a great run this morning, youโ€™ll figure it out and look how far youโ€™ve come. One little glitch on the way wonโ€™t matter in the long term ๐Ÿค—

Sybilw
SybilwGraduate10 in reply to Equi-geek

Thank you. I know the big picture, just struggling to see it at the moment.

Fabulous450
Fabulous450Graduate10 in reply to Sybilw

Big hugs Sybilw! Have a rest now and rest your mind too! You went out, so itโ€™s still a win!! Because good run, **** run, you ran!! We can now describe having good and rubbish runs! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ Youโ€™re a runner thatโ€™s for sure!! ๐Ÿ˜‰โค๏ธ

Equi-geek
Equi-geekGraduate10 in reply to Sybilw

๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

paulanoo
paulanooGraduate10

Good for you. 8km is certainly a milestone. Well done ๐Ÿ‘

Equi-geek
Equi-geekGraduate10 in reply to paulanoo

Thanks! ๐Ÿ™

telford_mike
telford_mikeGraduate10

Absolutely awesome. Mine was 1:03 (funny how we don't worry about the seconds any more!). Tremendous achievement - 2 back to back C25K graduation runs! ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ

Equi-geek
Equi-geekGraduate10 in reply to telford_mike

Oh my goodness - wasnโ€™t thinking of it like that but yes! Youโ€™re right - how cool!

Fab stuff!! WEll done

Lorijay
LorijayGraduate10

That's brilliant Equi, huge well done!! :) :)

Mummycav
MummycavModerator

Brilliant Equi-geek ...8k? What an achievement!! ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿป

Ang33333
Ang33333Graduate10

Well done! Great run! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

mountaindreamer
mountaindreamerGraduate10

Well done, EG! Looks like a lovely park to run in. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธโค๏ธ

Empem
EmpemGraduate10

Yay congrats on reaching the 8!