Bridge to 10K
8,576 members10,193 posts

Running tracker with a sense of humour!

So, sick of the lies being told to me by Strava and Map My Run, I decided to give Runkeeper a whirl today on my 5k run of week 4. And it was a HOOT! You have a choice of voice prompters, and I went with “Your Conscience”...

To my delight, as well as giving you your stats, it also makes witty remarks. Here are a few I got along the way:

“You are running like a gazelle across the plains of Africa” 😂

“After this great run you deserve to sit on the couch and drink a bottle of wine! (Just kidding)”

“You are running like a hippopotamus - don’t worry they are fast!”

The run itself wasn’t the best due to it already being 18 degrees and humid at 6:30am. I am not good in humidity at all. Bright red face, sweating, it was like running through treacle and I really had to focus hard to keep going. But the positive is that Runkeeper worked AND made me laugh.

Love,

Sadie-runs x

30 Replies
oldestnewest

Ha love it!! 😊

1 like

Oh, to be running like a gazelle across the plains of Africa! xxx

2 likes

I love Runkeeper! Use it every run now! I love 'my conscience '!! Going to try other voices now!! 😂😂😂

1 like

Yes, I want to try "mademoiselle" next!

2 likes

Haha, you’ll be running in a basque

2 likes

ha ha...this has made me smile Sadie-runs !!! might give that one a go!! well done on yet another fab run xx

I have to say, MC, it didn't feel like a fab run, every step was a bit of a struggle to be honest – I am blaming the heat though! xxx

1 like

Absolutely, it was a warm one xx

1 like

Well done to you also MC. Your run to Elland and a barrow load of PB’s.

Very well done.

1 like

I must admit I have had a smug grin on my face all day...haven’t written a post on it yet though....thank you Tbae

2 likes

You are doing great.

One week gone already. Seven magic ones remaining.

Going to try some of this 30:20:10 intervals sometime.

Talking about posts, have not seen anything from oldladyruns.Hope all is good.

Take care of you.

1 like

Just lovely.Best laugh I have had for ages.Love it.

No terror team prompt then?

Wait until you get that Garmin.lol.

2 likes

I truly wasn't running like a gazelle, so did snort with laughter myself at that one, Tbae!

1 like

Excellent we need all the laughs we can get out running! I too was out at 6.30am running through treacle. Although weirdly I didn’t mind cos I was back at it... 25 mins of slow running and no bother to the olde bum - back on a very slow track.

Keep at it - you are doing a grand gazelle-like job I am positive xx

3 likes

It was 'orrible, wasn't it?! I still feel exhausted from it now. But I am glad to hear your olde bum held up well and you did a 25 min run hoorah! Slow track good, you are on the road to recovery, dear FPF. xxx

1 like

I've been using Runkeeper and always just use the default voice on the few times I use audio cues. May need to branch out now. I want to run like a gazelle, too 😉

2 likes

I am going to try them all, Sask! Adds an element of fun. I must add that I was really far from gazelle like this morning. Every footstep was a struggle because of the humidity! It looks like we are going to get a bit of a heatwave here in the UK soon aaaaaaaagh. Will I need to start running in the dead of night?!

1 like

We’ve had a few heat waves already this year. It makes for early morning or evening runs. I found I was takin water in my runs even when they were under an hour just to help and wetting down my buff or hat halfway through, depending which I was wearing, worked well to cool me down.

1 like

I too want to be a gazelle!

Though tbh I am an absolute hippopotamus 🙊

1 like

But don't worry, they're fast!😁

4 likes

Great, love it. 😄

1 like

I tried ‘your conscience’ expecting a soft whispery voice - got a bit of a shock when that voice boomed in my ear! Made me laugh though.

1 like

Yeah, I wasn’t expecting that, either! 😂

Oh Sadie, it's just as well you have a sense of humour. I think I'd have stopped, full hands on hips and toys right out of the pram at the hippo statement 😂😂😂

You're doing amazing!

1 like

Thank you Sutsha! 😊

1 like

I don’t get funny comments with run keeper - what am I doing wrong??

1 like

You can change who does the audio cues. Have you tried changing it to “Your Conscience”? I haven’t tried any others, maybe only this one makes the funny comments!

Thanks I’ve found it and will be trying it out on Sunday !

Oh this sounds funny! I might have to give it a go. Great that you got an app to work as well!

1 like

Ha ha I’ve switched mine now to conscience sounds a hoot xxx

You may also like...