Bridge to 10K
7,409 members β€’ 8,914 posts

Not posted in a while but still running

Well I've done quite a few Park runs and joined a running group. We're planning to do Norwich 10k in August and I am hoping I can improve my pace.

For now we are up to 50 mins running and I managed 4.6 miles (7.4k) this evening. I even managed to run uphill at the end. One happy runner πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ‘

16 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

I hear you! My posts have also been quite sporadic lately, as has my running. Glad to hear you’re still running and doing quite well by the looks of it. I’m quite envious of those of you with running groups in your area. It would be a nice way to change things up if the group is a good fit for you.

It's very informal and organised by a very experienced runner. Usually about 10 of us split into 2 groups. I run with the slower one but then I am twice the age of most of the group πŸ˜‚

1 like

Good for you! Keep those young bucks on their toes πŸ˜‰

Good to see you back and that's some speedy splits x

1 like

Thanks Chris I'm definitely improving my pace on the flat but those hills are my nemesis!

1 like

They are with most of us Carolyn. Not much in the way of hills where I am but when I did the Blenheim Palace 7k, I struggled on them πŸ˜…

Well done Carolyn...glad to see you’re still running, thought you’d been quiet?! That’s a great pace, I’d be happy with that! My local running group keep nudging me to join them but I’m worried I’d be useless at the side of them so have never bothered! Who knows though, maybe one day

The organiser is great she does enough to push us but also runs between groups to offer lots of encouragement. We do longer runs one week and effort sessions the next with suggestions of a couple of different runs in the week.

Pleased I gave it a go!

1 like

Well done. I'd be thrilled with your pace x

Thank you. The slower pace was uphill!

Well done Carolyn, and a good even pace too 😊

Thank you 😊

1 like

Good for you- great times as wellπŸ™‚

1 like

Wow they’re fast splits!

1 like

Great that you are still running and doing really well - great pace . Apparently hills are good for us πŸ˜‰. I have been lurking on IC but little jogs allowed now, hooray!!

Oh IC not good enjoy your little jogs πŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

1 like

You may also like...