Bridge to 10K
8,089 members β€’ 9,803 posts

Has anyone run the Bristol 10k?

Surprise message from daughter this morning asking if I want to do the Great Bristol 10k together next month. Looking at the course, it follows the river mainly so I think it might be quite flat. Does anyone know, having maybe done it last year?

A search online told me that 13,000 entered it last year, which is more than daunting. However, I suppose I should try a large event sometime.

Currently I'm on week 5 of ju-ju- 's last 10k plan. I ran 5k this morning and my next run will be 9k.

Another thing is that we won't be doing it 'together' as she's way faster than I am.

Any thoughts/advice from the forum? I need to give her an answer this evening :)

12 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

Yes I ran it last year, race report attached.

healthunlocked.com/bridgeto...πŸ˜–

I really enjoyed it, I loved the crowds,it's very well,organised, it is flat and the crowd support is second to none! I'd recommend it. I wasn't planning on doing it this year as I want to do different races but you will enjoy it Joy and the bling is good too!

I know Sandraj39 has run it too but it was two years' ago.

2 likes

Thanks IP. I've just read your report (I think I may have read it last year as well!) and I'm pleased you said it's well organised. My time will be slower than yours, needless to say! πŸ˜„

I spoke to my daughter an hour ago, she's giving me some thinking time but I' m feeling that I may as well give it a try πŸ˜€

2 likes

You'll really enjoy it. And how special to do it with your daughter.

2 likes

Well, we'd start together but she'd soon be off ahead.

Re your report - my shoes will also be very dirty - too late now to buy and break in another pair!

2 likes

Yep, I did it a couple of years ago. It was my first really big event... and I loved it! As Irishprincess says, the crowds are fantastic and the course is great! Don't be put off by the size of the event - the atmosphere is fab!πŸ™‚

2 likes

Oh that's good Sandra. Really encouraging. I think I'm going to give it a go πŸ˜€

1 like

Good for you! I would definately run it again (born in Bristol and my sister is fairly local) but have already booked on a 10k more local to where I live, on that day. Good luck!πŸ™‚

2 likes

This all sounds very exciting Joy...

I have spent a weekend in Bristol and done a walking tour..its lovely especially down by the river in town...

Hope you really enjoy it, and good luck!😊xxx

1 like

Thanks Jan! My daughter has now entered us both for it. Maybe I can do my 9k run tomorrow.... πŸ˜„

1 like

Lovely day for it joy😊x

1 like

Managed it - will write a post!

1 like

Woo hoo! Well done Joy😊xxx

You may also like...