Bridge to 10K
6,834 members β€’ 7,654 posts

Wk2 R2

Wk2 R2

Tonight started out as one of those runs where I was thinking I was neither going to enjoy it much or even make it to the end.

Sometimes they just seem to go that way, but out I slogged under a leaden sky.

Past windmill and lakes with a brief nod to the steamy mondeo in the layby, my leaden legs did plod.

Soaked 25mins in as the sky opened but my mantra was repeated through gritted teeth "this is what you came for".

And grind it out to the end I did. 6k done and only the short run left to cool down week 2. Onwards and upwards magic runners :)

9 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

But leaden legs and rain notwithstanding, you did it, and in good time! Good work, onwards and upwards.

1 like

Thanks Helene. It was still great to get out and to have it ticked off. I am just putting it down to being one of those runs. You know the ones you get to forget when the special ones come along :).

1 like

I know exactly what you mean! I think that we likely wouldn't have those special ones if we didn't push through the grottier ones too. Hope the next one is a corker :)

A nice 6k in the bag... ( nice now its doneπŸ˜‰)

Enjoy your shorter recovery run in a day or so... Magic 😊xx

I wish I could plod as fast as you! And love the description of your surroundings.

You are doing so well Pink! Every run is a good run when its finishedπŸ‘πŸΌ

1 like

Fantastic, and a great mantra. I hope to do a 6K on Sunday. I shall use you as inspiration.

1 like

I borrowed the mantra from I'm ashamed to say I can't recall.

Good luck with your 6k on Sunday :)

1 like

Yay, well done. If you can do the runs in horrid conditions just think .... πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘πŸƒβ€β™‚οΈβœ”οΈ

You may also like...