Cardio machines at the gym

I have now put together a 50 minute cardio workout which I can do most days at the gym. I use my HRM and don't go over 80% of my maxHR - although I do have to tell the machines that I am only 60 otherwise they have a heart attack. :) I find that about 10 minutes per machine is bearable for me - have done longer but they are a bit boring/painfull after 10 minutes. The first two, a hand grinder and a recumbent bicycle only work on upper and lower body and I find it difficult to get my HR up sufficiently with these two so I regard them as kind of warmups . Then I go to the elliptical and rowing machines for 10 minutes each and workup a sweat - THEN I have discovered this monster , which I have noticed everybody seems to avoid. I was a lather of sweat after using this one for 10 minutes ( 360 steps) fitnessscape.com/Merchant2/...

1 Reply

oldest • newest
  • Blimey, that looks tough, no wonder people avoid it. Great for your glutes though! The rowing machine was the one people avoided in my gym but we didn't have this one 😖

You may also like...