I had a dream

Apologies if you have already seen this but I thought it might amuse some of you on here.

You may have picked up that I am running in the London Winter Run on Sunday and I am stressing (slightly) about it.

Last night I had a dream. I'm going to a friend's house for dinner tomorrow night and she is a runner too, but not a regular runner. In my dream I arrived to find loads of the rest of her family there (whom I don't know).

'We're all going for a run!' she cried merrily. 'Would you like to come with us?'

'Yes, sure, how far are you going?' I responded.

'26.2!' was the answer.

I said yes. All of a sudden I was naked and needed a poo.

Might this be anything to do with my concerns about Sunday, do you think, or - with dream interpretation - am I really worrying about my pension options and getting a dog?

28 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Ha ha , oh yes it is really bizarre about how our pre -race nerves manifest themselves into our dreams :-)

I had one before my HM that I was in David and Victoria Beckhams London mansion on the morning of my race and she was showing me around all the house . I remember getting very anxious and telling her that it was all very lovely but I needed to leave ! :-)

I think if I turned up for a race and then realised it was a Marathon , I would need a poo too ! :-D xxx

• Love the thought of telling VB that you had to leave!

I think I was relatively calm in my dream, but I did wake up giggling :D

• lol, bizarre what comes out in dreams sometimes.

• At this rate, the race is bound to be far better than I am expecting! (unless of course I have a wardrobe malfunction and a sudden GI issue :O )

• Sounds familiar poppypug . The night before my (only ever) 10k event I dreamt I had a job interview at a university (no idea why a university) and the woman was very angry because I kept asking when the interview would finish as I was worried I'd be late for the race start. Mind you at least I had all my clothes on Anniemurph ! Hope Sunday goes great for you. :)

• Ha ha! Not that we obsess about our running at all, oh no!

Thanks for the good wishes :)

• Ha ha , Yes Anne, I think the fear of being late is a very common feature in dreams before an event . Maybe its something to do with the fear of " being left behind " ?

Get me going all Sigmund Freud ! :-D xxx

• Oi, leave my behind out of all this! :D xxx

• Don't worry I'm sure it will go fine Annie๐Ÿ˜„ the dinner with your friend that is..lol

As for the London Winter Run, good luck and have a great time. You will be fine..whats the worst that could happen.๐Ÿ˜Š

• Thanks, Jan - what's the worst that could happen? Erm... turning up naked and needing a poo? :D :D :D I'm sure it won't be quite that bad though!

• Maybe a psychoanalyst would interpret this as , losing 'all' !!!! your inhibitions and throwing caution and everything else, ( by the sound of it) to the wind...:)

It probably means you are going to be..errr, very excited and then quite literally streak along to the finish! :)

You are going to be fine.. and will do amazingly! :)

• Ha, brilliant, Floss! I shall think of you on Sunday, as I wheeze, gasp and pant my way towards that chocolate cake :D

• Oh yes... leaving everyone trailing in your wake :) Lots of Luck x

• If there's cake at the end they'd better not stand in my way, that's all I can say! x

• Yes, probably! Don't worry, it'll be a nice run around London! Defo 10k!๐Ÿ˜

• I'm looking forward to it really... I think! :D

• Haha! That is hilarious! ๐Ÿ˜… Don't you just love a good anxiety dream? I am sure Sunday won't be quite as bad!โ˜บ

• I didn't think I was *that* worried about it! :D I hope to try and enjoy it :)

• Think it might be...

• Dreams are funny things!

• They are!

• Ha ha ha ๐Ÿ˜€

Dreams are the weirdest things!

Hopefully now that that load is off your mind ๐Ÿ˜‰ You can enjoy your race on Sunday. (Make sure you're empty before you start!)

• It gave me a chuckle!

Thanks, I'll do my best to enjoy it. Yes, I'll go before I go - and remember to put some clothes on! :D

• Funny that you had a weird dream, so did I, but nothing about running. Being naked can be interpreted in different ways, check it out here:http://www.dreamdictionary.org/common/naked-dreams/

I'm sure your run will go really well. Now I'm off to sing that Abba song that popped up in my head when I read the title of your post.

• Oh, it's definitely about being inadequate! And being exposed as 'not a real runner'!!!

Thanks for the vote of confidence :) Enjoy your singing!

• I doubt there's a runner who hasn't had a race fear dream! I had one a couple of weeks ago, I'm doing 10KM with Madge50 & AM in a few weeks....just as the start was announced, I needed a wee, came out of the loos to find I had NO SHOES ON! I got misdirected, (this is at the PR where I was misdirected and got lost all those years ago, I still have nightmares about it...) I only ran 3 KM, and when I got to the finish I had missed the medals....

• Well maybe that's your fear of me splashing your shoes! ๐Ÿ˜‚, don't worry, we'll get round, and I'm sure they won't run out of medals..........mind you that happened to me for real! โ˜น๏ธ

Mx

• Good luck Annie and Madge๐Ÿ˜Š

Hope you have a great day and enjoy it.xx

You may also like...