Bridge to 10K
4,660 members5,048 posts

My short and sweet running week

Hi all,

A really short post this week. I am on a rest week and have been taking it easy. No long run for me on Monday so I swam and went to the gym instead. Tuesday was a rest day, Wednesday I did my brick session but only for an hour so a 50 minute ride and a 10 minute run just to keep reminding the legs that they have some work to do. Gave blood Wednesday afternoon so even more of a reason to have a light week. Gym on Thursday a second rest day on Friday and a very gentle 5k this morning and gym session. All in all I felt as though I could do with a break, back to a slightly longer run on Monday but still not overdoing it as last time I gave blood I felt awful running the day after and it took a few days to recover. 4 weeks until my next triathlon!

Stay injury/sick free and keep on running!

7 Replies
oldestnewest

Mat your idea of a "rest week" is very different to mine! Blimey.

1 like

Ha ha Irishprincess well I look forward to the rest weeks, that for certain.

1 like

And mine...

1 like

Some weeks we need that and not long now till your next event... Is it going to be challenging??

Slightly more challenging because the ride is an extra 5k which is not lots but will mean my time won't be comparable to the last triathlon I did. I am aiming for a better run time than last time. Hopefully if I can get a 30 min 5k run I will be happy.

That's a " rest " week ? :-)

Well done Mat, your preparation and training are always so impressive .

Have a good week xxx

1 like

Thanks poppypug you too :-)

1 like

You may also like...