Help for au pair foreign girl suffering of Bec... - Behçet's UK

Behçet's UK

4,853 members4,125 posts

Help for au pair foreign girl suffering of Bechet coming to UK


Hi! I'm a young girl who wants to come to the UK (probably London) to become an au pair. I've been suffering from Behcet disease (with very mild symptoms) for nearly 4 years and 3 years ago I started being under Remicade (Infliximab) treatment. Nowadays my symptoms are under control and I get an IV Infliximab therapy every 2 months. I'm from Italy and here all the costs of the therapy are covered as Behcet is considered as a rare disease. Is it possible to keep getting my IV in the UK? I already have my EIHC card so I wondered if it was possible to use it to get my IV and then to get reimbursed, without an expensive private health insurance. How does it work for people like me in the UK?

Thanks for your help!!

1 Reply

BSS has just helped Sara to resolve this issue. T

You may also like...