Ataxia UK
2,942 members2,832 posts

Another Blanket

Hi all,

I am busy and well a greatfull for being able to do things.

Here is another blanket. This time for my grandson. I am busy with one for my granddaughter. Slowly I am begining to drown my family in blankets, but I am fiding it very therapeutical and a lot of fun to do.

I hiope you are all well, have a great weekend.

Cheers Isabel

12 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi Isabel.

That is a beautiful blanket, Im sure your grandchildren will love them, have a nice weekend. 😀🌹 Xx

1 like

That is lovely! Crochet blankets are the best - I am sure your family won’t mind drowning in them! 😊 xx

1 like

Lovely to see, I bet your family love them! I have a family member who makes blankets and quilts for various charities, should you have the inclination one day? You may be able to use donated wool as I am sure those are expensive to make.

1 like

Is that in the uk? I may like to do that, as we all have too many blankets and I find that doing them is a good therapy for me.

Yes, I think approach a charity you like and ask for their help, I wonder if the WI might have some pointers too? Maybe ring the area office and ask? I did some quick research online, googled 'crochet blankets for charity UK' here is the first link, there are also more there that are promising lovinghands.org.uk/home/458... Then I tried to search for free wool but I think you need a local contact for that. Ask your local newspaper to put out a plea and have people deliver to a store that would support this for you. If you provide a jolly pic surrounded by blankets, crocheting, and some words and details of the charity (contact them first, they may help- or not!) Good luck!

1 like

Looks lovely! I wouldn't know where to start! Well done x

1 like

That's beautiful. You must be giving great joy. Bless you.

1 like

I do not normally like blankets but that is gorgeous - LOVE the colours x

1 like

That's really beautiful. Xxx

1 like

Hi Isabel.

I really like your blanket. My mother makes quilts and sends them to Ataxia UK so they can be sold in a raffle.

Best wishes

1 like

that is a thought, I mnay do that, when my familysays they have had enough

best wishes

Gorgeous! I have read in the UK some maternity hospitals like donated goods …. another option for you.

You may also like...