Ataxia UK
2,897 members2,742 posts

another blanket

Dear all,

I love being positive and focussing on what I can do. I love crochetting and do it for my friends, they just need to provide the wool. I use crochetting as a therapy, it is very relaxing, keeps my fingers agile and helps my eye hand co-ordination. I had slightly slurred speech, and no longer have it very rarely choke and am able to do everything around the house. I was diagnosed in 2012 with SCA3 (Machado-Joseph disease) but have had symptoms from 2007. I am 65 and very greatful for waking up every morning, my family and friends. I suppose life is a little more difficult, but so far I was able to adapt. Here is a picture of the last project I have just completed.

Have a great weekend, keep positive and count your blessings

Isabel

12 Replies
oldestnewest

Beautiful … I can see the cat appreciates it.

Thank you. The cat loved it slept on it all night.

1 like

Beautiful!

1 like

Dear Isabel, I love your blanket, I have made so many attempts to crochet but just can’t do it. I returned to knitting this year and find it has the same benefits, my favourite is inartia knitting.

1 like

What a lovely job you have done!

1 like

Hi Isabel , that’s beautiful, and it’s great to hear how positive you are. Someone at the MS support group I go to is starting to teach me to crochet, I’m going to attempt to make a bag.

The idea is to keep your hands and therefore the brain active, don't worry if it is not perrfect

1 like

Really lovely, love the colours and pattern beautiful

Suzie

1 like

Wonderful

1 like

Hello Isabel,

It's good to hear positive accounts regarding Ataxia conditions and the recommendations supporting them. I love the crocheted throw/bed cover, so individual and treasurable, we had one, given as a present many years ago we still have it somewhere, pretty and unique. Every bedroom should have one

1 like

So, so beautiful - well done x

1 like

Beautiful colour xx

1 like

You may also like...